07

Y/N's P.O.V

I look up at him as he looks at me, both of us stare at each other in silence. Meliodas slowly leans down slowly, our nose brush against each other before he presses his lips against my own. Our lips move in sync together, his arms wrap around my waist as my arms wrap around his shoulders.

Meliodas leans back keeping his arms around my waist, "Now, please don't attack me again," He smirks at me, "Or I'll have to punish you," His smirk turns into a grin.

"That's either promising or a death sentence with you," I comment and go back to my bed sitting down. I pick up the book again and carry on reading again laying down, I feel my bed dip on my side, indicating Meliodas has joined me.

"For you, it'll be promising," Meliodas says and I glance at him to see him looking at the words on my page, "Demon mages and animals? Hmm... I'm guessing your mother didn't explain much to you?"

"It's not that when it was time for my lessons I had to kill people... Yes, I know demons kill all the time so it's normal but if it's not an order or I have to true reason behind killing them, I can't do it..." I tell him.

"I understand that," Meliodas says looking at me, "So what did you find out?"

"Well, I found out that one animal a demon mage are connected within a bond, not like mates something different. It's like witches and familiars, they are there to guide and protect the demon mage and only appear to them when they are alone..." I tell him.

"Like how Adam was there when you left home?" He asks and I nod.

"It says that demon mages and animals have an understanding... So whenever a demon mage is in danger the familiar will get more animals to help them," I shrug and shut the door, turning onto my side to look at him, "Sounds like a fairy tale princess if you ask me."

"Disgusting," Meliodas scrunches his nose up at my example, "You couldn't have thought of anything different than that could you?"

"Nope, get used to it Prince," I answer with a smile, "So, something you need from me today?" I ask.

"Yes," Meliodas gets up and goes to my wardrobe opening it, he glances at me, "Do you like the clothes that I have picked out for you?"

"Not like I had much choice... Though why is it all revealing, lacy, tight?... You get my drift," I question him.

"Because I knew you'd look amazing in them," He smirks looking at me and pulls out a black dress, "Change into this," He lays it down on the bed and goes to my dressing table picking out jewellery, "You can't keep hiding in here and I can't keep hiding in here with you for dinner either."

"Guessing I'm getting ready for dinner?" I ask getting off the bed, I pick up the dress and walk to the changing screen then change into the dress.

I put on nude colour heels and walk out from behind the screen going to the dressing table, sitting down on the chair. Meliodas comes up behind me, "Let me," He says as he begins to put on a red diamond necklace, "Perfect, ready?" He asks holding his hand out to me.

"Yeah," I slide my hand into his and stand up, "You not getting changed?" I ask.

"Nah, I'm good like this," He says and he takes me to the dining hall.

Guards open the doors, I see Zeldris and a another man with a beard with a crown and what looks like horns. Meliodas leads me down the table, he pulls a chair out for me.

"Meliodas..." The man spoke, attracting Meliodas's attention, "Who's the girl?"

"Father, this is Y/N a demon mage," Meliodas says and looks at his father, "She's..."

"You're future mate," The father spoke, "Well, I can't say I'm not surprised as I am but I'll allow it... Nice to meet you Y/N, accompany me after dinner," He looks at me.

"Of course sir," I sit down as does Meliodas.

The four of us eat in silence before the demon king stands up and walks to him, he holds his hand out to me, "Shall we?" He questions.

I look at Meliodas who nods, I kiss Meliodas's cheek before sliding my hand in his rather large on and the two of us leave the dining room. I walk in silence beside the king, "So, how did you both meet?" He asks.

"He came after I called him," I answer him.

"Where?" 

"A cave when my parents kicked me out."

"Why?"

"I didn't agree with an arranged marriage, especially when many demons hate my species of demons."

"That's understandable."

I look up at him, "I'd like to apologise for not appearing to you sooner."

"Think nothing of it, I'd like to ask you something," The demon king opens a set of french doors walking inside and I follow after him, "What do you think about my son?"

"Which son?" I ask.

"Meliodas."

"There's not much to think, he's constantly on my mind, he's always there when I need him, he's heartless but he's protective," I tell him.

"You know that from just a few weeks?"

"I feel that from just a few weeks."

"A feeling huh?" 

"Yes, I feeling."

"I can tell you haven't unleashed the full extent of your power... Would you like some assistance with that?" He turns to me and leans down, "Every day at 3 pm sharp, come here for your training."

"V-Very well sir," I nod afraid of saying anything else that doesn't mean I agree to his words.

"Go back to Meliodas, I'm sure he's in his room," The king tells me.

I nod and leave, I walk quickly onto the second floor and go straight to Meliodas's room. I shut the door behind me, "What did he want?" Meliodas asks walking me, leaving Zeldris at the window.

"To see how I felt about you and if I'd consider training to bring out my full power," I explain taking his hands.

"Training with who?" Zeldris asks walking up.

"I don't know," Meliodas grips my hands tighter, "He didn't say who it would be," I tell him.

"If it becomes too much, tell me straight away and I'll deal with it," Meliodas says and looks at Zeldris, "We'll pick this up tomorrow."

"Sure brother," Zeldris nods and leaves the room shutting the door behind him.

"Stay the night with me," Meliodas says looking at me.

"Okay," I nod feeling my cheeks heat up and he pulls me to the bed. I sit down, removing my nude colour heels the I lay down on the bed.

I watch as Meliodas going to his chest of draws and he brings out a black tank top walking to me. He looks at me and holds it out to me, "Change into this," He says.

I get up and takes the dress, "Please turn around," I say and Meliodas turns around as I slip off the dress then replace it with the top.

"You could sleep in your underwear," Meliodas smirks looking at me like he just spun around and watched the whole thing, "And yes, I did just watch you change... You really should stop telling me to turn around as all I do is spin," He chuckles.

I step out of the puddled dress at my ankles, I pick it up and fold it up, putting it on the chest of draws then lay down on the bed. Meliodas removes his clothes except for his boxers and lays beside me then I cuddle up beside him silently.