Brothers

If you asked Ye Hua how he knew his twin was waking up, he'd smile and shake his head slightly. It wasn't as much not knowing as it was not being able to explain it out loud. In his head, it made sense; their souls were linked somehow but how do you explain that the twin sons of the father of gods could feel each other on a core level when you didn't even know how or why it was. It had taken them by surprise when Mo Yuan had felt the need to visit the nine heavens after centuries of staying away for centuries in time to save the then 1000-year old Ye Hua when he was thrown off the Zhuxian terrace by celestial immortals working for the ghost lord. Over the years, they'd refined the connection with their combined spiritual energy.

That connection was why Ye Hua had known his twin had not completely died when he sealed the emperor bell and it had been the reason he had taken the soul jade from Li Jing as part of the treaty signed after the war even though it was never in the contract; he needed it to preserve Da-ge's body. It was also the reason he'd moved his brother's body from the celestial burial grounds to his seclusion chamber in Kulun mountains in the middle of the night five years ago. He'd gone with only Tian Shu, his trusted guard.

It was also the reason he'd left the nine heavens nearly two weeks ago, insisting he wanted to work out of Kulun mountain. The dragon energy on the mountain was renown but the Skylord had been scared, Mo Yuan had refused to be Skylord and had built his life on the mountain so Ye Hua's decision to move there with no explanation worried the celestials even though he explained it was a temporary move. In the end he'd left as planned. He'd taken a holy trial and a sacred oath to become the celestial crown prince and next Skylord, he had no intentions of going back on his words but he also had no intentions of being bullied. As the much younger twin and the one 'born' into the celestial royal family, there had been multiple attempts to mold him into the perfect celestial royal but Mo Yuan's influence had not only stopped that but had given him the confidence and foundation to build his own personality. Da-ge would always back him up and ensure he wasn't forced into anything he didn't want to do.

He'd flown over Qing Qiu on his was to Kulun by habit; he'd taken to going everywhere through or over Qing Qiu since the mermaid war. It was an open secret in the nine heavens although no one knew why, many speculated it was due to his friendship with Bai Zhen, the fourth fox prince; he was no reason to correct them. The truth was he only met Bai Zhen because he went through Qing Qiu. He'd encountered the high god on one of his earlier trips and had stopped to thank him for his help with the maps that helped them win the war. They had talked some more and he'd wrangled an invitation from the older god to stop by to see the 10 mile peach forest. The rest was history. He'd spotted Bai Zhen and Zhe Yan while heading to Kulun and had told them where he was heading. Zhe Yan had smiled and asked if he was going to wait for Mo Yuan. He wasn't really surprised, the phoenix and his twin were brothers by all but blood. He'd promised to send word as soon as Mo Yuan was awake but both parties knew it would not be necessary. When Mo Yuan awoke, everyone would know.

As he ran into his brother's seclusion chamber, he smiled as the bells finally began to toll. Everyone finally knew what Ye Hua had always known. High god Mo Yuan did not die and he's back.

"Da ge!" Ye Hua whispered as he rushed into the room and took in Mo Yuan's sitting form in the dimly lit room.

"Di di" Mo Yuan replied with the same smile Ye Hua was certain was on his face.

Ye Hua covered the distance between them and knelt  to bring himself to the same height as his twin as they both reached out to hug each other.

"I've missed you so much these years" Ye Hua whispered through the tears that rolled down his face of their own accord. He felt the wetness on his shoulders that told him his brother wasn't doing better controlling his emotions.

"I'm sorry it took so long to come back to you" Mo Yuan's hoarse voice supplied.

"I'm just glad you're back. Thank you for coming back"

After what seemed both like forever and like barely a few moments, they let go of each other sniffing.

"Let's get out of here. I made your favorites" Ye Hua said with a smile

"Of course you did." His twin replied

Without further words, they stood up and Mo Yuan leaned on the shoulder his brother offered as they both slowly walked out of the room.

A/N: Thank you for reading and for being part of my 2019. May 2020 be good to us all. Happy New year folks!!!