Uncles

"Little cub"

"Bai Qian greets Donghua Dijun" Bai Qian bowed in greeting as soon as she got close to where he was seated.

Dijun stretched out a hand towards her which she took as an invitation to sit.

"You're in the nine heavens, It is said that the queen of Qing Qiu never leaves her territory except for official duties yet I know of none that brings you here" He said pouring tea and pushing a cup towards her

"Bai Qian had been trying to be like her hermit uncles but she has failed to remain as committed to the cause and has brought disgrace to the family's hermit heritage. Begging this uncle's forgiveness" She finished with a bow

"Child, how are you running the second largest immortal kingdom with that tongue" He asked, reclining into his customary pose, his tone betraying the fondness his face did not show.

"Can you please tell father that the next time you see him, whenever that happens, hopefully before the next millennia." Bai Qian said, unfolding from a proper sitting position to a more comfortable one and picking her tea

"You already tell him that every other day, no one takes you serious about abdication anymore" He replied not looking up from his tea

"That's part of my grand plan, one day, father will agree in jest, but I'll be serious and he'll get stuck with the decision"

"Smart and sly, you're really Bai Zhi's dream child"

Oh, I love that story, all we're missing is my brothers but I'd love to hear it again, its been a long time"

"There is no story, your father simply wouldn't stop having children till he had you"

Bai Qian squeezed her face into a pout that looked practiced and perfect.

"That face has not worked since you were 25,000 years old" He replied with a small chuckle

"That's just you, it works fine on everyone else" She replied, sticking out her tongue and looking like a little child rather than a ruling monarch

"Why did no one tell me we were reminiscing Bai Qian's childhood"

Bai Qian turned around and flashed her pout at Mo Yuan as he walked towards them.

"What? What are you begging for? I thought we were past the pouting stage?" He asked, standing in front of what should be his seat but not taking a seat and looking wary.

"Hmmmn, you may be right" Dijun said as he took a sip of his tea

"Right about what?" Mo Yuan asked

"Shifu, can you tell the story of father's dream child?"

"It's not really a story"

"Please?"

"Well.... Fine" Mo Yuan acquiesced and looked pointedly away from Dijun whom he was certain was giving him knowing looks.

Only one person in the room was unaware of his feelings and it was neither him nor Dijun. His brother was well known for knowing too much, knowing people's secrets - weaknesses, strengths, things you thought no one knew but you. That was his secret to being the greatest emperor of the nine heavens to date; his poor di di had really big shoes to fill.

Mo Yuan sat down and smiled as a slightly over enthusiastic Bai Qian poured him a cup of tea.

"Even before he met your mother, Bai Zhi always wanted a daughter..."

"That's why he's the only married one of you brothers" Bai Qian interrupted

"Do you want a story or not?' Mo Yuan asked

"Bai Qian apologizes"

She did not sound sorry but Mo Yuan nodded and continued "Bai Zhi always wanted a daughter. He'd always say, he'd be satisfied with any life as long as he had a daughter and that as long as he had a daughter, it would be a good life, too bad he didn't count on your behaviour and personality"

"Shifu!"

"What was funny was he prayed and bargained with anything he could to get a daughter and promised he'd stop having children as soon as he had a daughter, who knew he'd spend over a millennia and have 4 sons in the process of getting a daughter. When you were born, he was so excited and happy that he declared there'll be peace in all mortal lands for 100 years or he'd personally lead the charge against any and all who dared to fight during that time. Giving his reputation, there was peace and he spent the entire time in the fox den." Mo Yuan finished and sipped his tea

"And I turned out to be just like him" Bai Qian beamed

"Much to his surprise and horror" Dijun supplied "He wanted a daughter because of his idea of what a daughter should be; look like you, act like Bai Zhen"

"Yea, well serves him right, everyone should have a child like themselves"

"I agree and that's why I am not having children, imagine dealing with a second me" Dijun said

"A scary but exciting possibility"

Three people turned towards the new voice and all of them stood.

"Bai Qian of Qing Qiu greets the heavenly emperor" She said, both men by her side nodding in greeting as the emperor nodded back at her

"I come on behalf of my second son, Second prince is merely overwhelmed with grief, he doesn't wish to anger Si Xing. I hope that Qing Qiu can forgive him"

"Emperor, your son has not wronged Qing Qiu and you have no reason to apologize for him. Second prince merely suggested a challenge and Si Xing was glad to help him lay out the challenge but not to worry as the emperor has pleaded on his behalf, Si Xing will accept an apology in the same vein the challenge was offered"

"Qing Qiu is very benevolent. Second prince will be glad to hear it" the emperor replied, breathing his relief.

Bai Qian nodded "Dijun, Shifu, Bai Qian will take her leave now. Dijun should visit Qing Qiu soon"

"Give me a reason, little cub" Dijun replied

"You're just like father" She muttered and turned to walk past the heavenly emperor when she noticed the person standing behind him

"You, you're the rude lady who kept following me earlier. Lucky for you, I do not have the time to respond to you, I however, suggest you learn some manners before we meet again or better yet, you avoid me and we never meet." She then turned to the emperor "Qing Qiu bids you farewell"

As soon as she left, the emperor turned to Su Jin "Child, mark that face and never offend her if you value your life. No one can protect you from her."

"Su Jin merely wanted to ask her a question ..." Su Jin began only to be interrupted

"You do not ask her questions, you do not follow her. In fact you do not speak to her unless spoken to and you most definitely do not follow her under any situation without her express permission" The emperor scolded

"Su Jin understands" she replied.

"Now leave, I need to talk to the high gods"

Su Jin bowed again but fumed as she left. Who was this woman and why did she get invited to places she couldn't get into even though she was the next heavenly empress. The emperor usually never scolded her, ever. Not even when she played pranks on Ye Hua and he complained to the emperor yet he scolded her because of this person. Su Jin was mad and she would make sure the woman paid, maybe not now but surely when she was Ye Hua's wife, she would make certain he punished her. Decision made, she nodded and smiled to herself as she walked into her hall.

A/N: Keeping her father as the Fox Emperor and on the same level as the heavenly emperor; however, he's older, stronger and more powerful. BQ is therefore a level below both emperors in rank. MY, ZY & DJ are on the same level with Bai Zhi.