Concealed

Ye Hua could not believe he was related to these people, come to think of it, he wasn't really related to them so that may be the reason why their reasoning did not make sense to him. He tuned them out as they walked towards the entrance to Qing Qiu. He tuned them out and let himself enjoy the beauty around him. The nine heavens was designed to be beautiful and it was but Qing Qiu with its wild, unplanned and unrestricted beauty would rival that of the well planned and built nine heavens any day. 

They were received at the gate and escorted to the little receiving room overlooking the river where they were served tea and told Bai Qian would join them shortly. They were early so it wasn't a hassle, they could also see Bai Qian sitting in the middle of the river surrounded by a few river immortals in their fish forms. 

"Ye Hua, you're really not interested in marrying Su Jin" second uncle asked

"No" Ye Hua replied, continuing his study of their surroundings rather than turning back to face his uncle as was socially appropriate

"Are you that certain you'll find another woman who loves you as much as she does?"

"I am the next emperor of the nine heavens, are you suggesting I cannot find a woman who would love me?" He replied, fixing the older man with an icy glare that was usually reserved for people outside his family who had wronged him

"No, of course not" The older man offered

"Besides, second uncle married outside grandfather's wishes supposedly for love, is he finding it was not worthwhile?" Ye Hua asked, bringing up his tea to his lips. He was aware he was being borderline rude and that the topic made his uncle very defensive but he also felt defensive, the question had moved very close to his fears. He was not afraid no one would love him like Su Jin, Su Jin's love was the selfish kind he would prefer not to have in his life. However, he was deeply afraid that the woman he loved would not love him back.

"I'm sure second brother did not mean that" Lian Song offered, stepping in to diffuse the situation "he's probably wondering if you had your eyes on another woman but you know he's not good with words"

Ye Hua sighed, his third uncle was too cunny. He looked up as Bai Qian's laughter floated to his ears and fought back a smile, she was much closer than she was when they got here, close to the edge of the river now. He could probably hear them with a little effort but he didn't need to hear them to see their session was more lighthearted than his tended to be. He almost successfully dragged his attention away before he sighed and gave in to the urge and enhanced his hearing with some magic

"...not going to happen" Bai Qian said 

"aww come on, it's just small gifts. I'd take them myself but I can't use my legs today as you know"

"Those are the princes of the nine heavens and you are almost as mischievous as Xiao Jiu so I would not put it past you to attempt to enchant one or more of them"

"What's it to you? Tell me which one you like and I won't give them anything"

"Don't care what you do, but you know official visitors are under my protection. I can't stop them from accepting gifts though so you can go up there and try but I won't take it there for you"

"Like you can nullify my enchantments"

"I've been kicking your ass since before I had a human form"

"Only because you're mean and mischievous"

"Excuses, excuses"

"Qian Qian ..."