What she said

The Skylord was beaming at the success of the banquet, he was proud of his grandson who was technically not his grandson but that was mere technicality. The young man had done well, going beyond socially acceptable means to ensure his twin could return to this plane of existence. He knew a lot of Ye Hua's capabilities came from being the son of the father of gods and twin to Mo Yuan but it warmed his heart that he could call the young man his grandson. Surrounded by his family on the platform and by the general public in the banquet, he proposed a toast to Ye Hua whose actions had ensured that today's celebrations would happen and everyone drank to the crown prince's health and happiness.

"In honor of your actions and your devotion to your brother, I would like to grant you a boon" he turned to Ye Hua and continued as the entire world listened on "whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as it is not against the rules of the land and the laws that govern us, it is yours"

"Ye Hua thanks the Skylord" Ye Hua replied, bowing deeply to his grandfather.

Gradually the banquet settled back to the hum of small conversations and the Skylord turned to Ye Hua again.

"Ye Hua, you are no longer a child, you should begin to think of getting married and settling down. It's better to be married before you become Skylord than after"

Ye Hua focused on his cup to avoid looking too obviously in the direction Bai Qian was sitting but caught the amusement on Mo Yuan's face. He could tell his brother was laughing at him. He calmly turned to the Skylord and replied "Ye Hua is aware. As soon as I make a decision on marriage, I will inform the Skylord"

"Good, good. Don't take too long to look. Any woman would be happy to be your wife, let me know when one catches your eye and I'll grant you a marriage."

Ye Hua nodded

"And if you change your mind on monogamy, that's also fine. I know you've chosen to go the way of your soul family but we are poly amorous on this side"

Ye Hua fought the urge to roll his eyes. since he was a teen, he'd insisted he would be monogamous and his birth family had struggled to accept this, pushing at his decision again and again until Mo Yuan had intervened on his behalf. They still brought up the idea whenever the topic allowed.

"I will marry only one woman. No more" he replied flatly

"I know. I'm just saying we won't hold it against you if you don't and it may help you reach a decision quicker if you're not looking for one woman to meet all your requirements"

Ye Hua was about to point out that this was the reason many marriages in the nine heavens were not as happy as those in other regions and that it was moot point because he had found the one woman who was his only requirement but he chastised himself and focused on his breathing instead.

"If one woman does not bring you happiness, twenty women will not. It's not like you can take the pieces you like and fuse them together. Ye Hua will find his happiness when he is ready. He is yet young." Mo Yuan spoke from the other side of the Skylord

"Of course he will. I just don't want him to turn into an old man before he does" Skylord replied

Ye Hua shot a smile of gratitude at is brother then deftly maneuvered the conversation to a tamer and more agreeable topic.

Bai Qian yawned as she walked past the gate at Kulun nodding to the disciples manning the entrance. She walked into the front hall which to her surprise was empty. Everyone must be busy preparing for Mo Yuan's seclusion. Luckily, she knew her way around and headed toward the main hall, if she didn't find them there, they would be in Mo Yuan's quarters.