Chapter 5

I woke up, whining loudly as I noticed Calum wasn't next to me, Calum ran in.
He cooed" Shh, shh, it's alright, it's alright, I'm right here, I'm right here, Baby girl." He felt my head," You're still running a fever, want some soup?" I shook my head," Okay... uh, want some apple sauce?" I shook my head," Gotta eat... what about some water?" I shook my head," Okay, I'm gonna call the guys, huh? Just give me five seconds." I opened my eyes a little, cuddling into the blanket I was wrapped in.
He said" Mikey, can you guys get to the place, okay? We need to go to the hospital, her fever is too much, her stuff came in like 10 minutes ago and she's refusing to eat or drink. Okay, just hurry, I'm gonna try and get her dressed." I was lifted up, I whined loudly," Shh, shh, shh, it's okay, shh, shh, it's okay, baby girl, come on, let's get you some clothes on."

Calum's POV I got her dressed, pulling one of my hoodies over her head, the guys walked in

Calum's POV
I got her dressed, pulling one of my hoodies over her head, the guys walked in.
I said" Come on, let's go." I gently lifted her up, she yelped and cried out, I flinched." Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay, hey, hey, breathe." She started breathing heavily," Good job. Keep breathing for me, okay?" She nodded her head, I looked at the guys, I was shaking so much.

We got to the hospital, I gulped as we got back into the ER rooms, a doctor walked in,
She asked" How long has she been having these symptoms?"
I answered" A week... is it the flu? What is this?"
" It's possible it's just a really bad flu, but we are going to run some tests to make sure it's nothing else."
" O-Okay."
" We're going to draw some blood, and put an IV in for the dehydration, we'll do that while the tests are running. Has she been complaining about pain in a certain spot?"
" She's... She's not good with pain, it makes her mute."
" Can she walk?"
" No, the pain..."
" Okay, I want to check a spot, can you hold her hand?" I nodded, holding her hand, the doctor pressed down slightly on her stomach. Princess screamed bloody murder, the doctor stopped, instantly." Okay, change of plans."
" What? What's happening, is she okay?"
" I think her appendix is busted or busting, we need to get it out. She's 18, correct?"
" Yes."
" What's your relationship?"
" She's my girlfriend."
" Does she have any guardians?"
" No, no... what does this..."
" I'll need you to sign a paper for her, okay? It's just the typical hospital stuff, nothing to worry about. We need to get her into an ultrasound, okay? Nurse!" They came in, The guys stayed in the room while I followed them to another room.

The doctor said" Okay, Sweetheart, this is gonna hurt a little, but we've gotta see your appendix." Princess' face nuzzled my hand, I laid my forehead on hers, they put the jelly on her stomach and started the machine up. She whined loudly as the nurse pressed down a little,
I cooed" Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay, I'm right here."
" Okay... let's get her prepped. We need to go into surgery."

I was pacing the waiting room, running my fingers through my hair, I hope she's okay... she has to be okay, I want her to have a life, she deserves to live.
Ash said" Cal, you have to calm down, dude. She's gonna be okay."
I said" But what if-" He covered my mouth," Okay, I'll calm down." He uncovered my mouth, I sat down but my leg kept tapping. I stared at the ground, taking a few deep breathes, she's gonna be okay. Princess is tougher than she looks, I mean... she survived 18 years of hell.

We were walked into a room, I saw Princess asleep, I sighed and walked to her. I rubbed her hair,
The doctor said" She did great, she should get back to normal in a few days, we're gonna keep her overnight, okay? Just to keep an eye on her."
I said" Okay, when will she wake up?"
" In an hour or so."

Princess started waking up, she opened her eyes and saw us,
I said" Princess... hey, baby."
She whined" Daddy..."
" Hey, Princess, you're okay, you went into surgery, your appendix was bursting." She started getting scared, I hushed her gently," It's okay, you're okay, I've got you, I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you." She made grabby hands," I can't lift you up, baby girl. I'll hold your hand." I held her hands, kissing her hands," We're going home tomorrow, okay? You're gonna stay here for one night, and I'm not leaving you, okay?"
" Okay, Calum. 'M Sleepy.."
" Then go back to sleep, baby girl, this'll be over soon."
———
We got home, I helped Princess back to bed, I rubbed her hair as she laid her head on my thigh.
I said" We're gonna take it easy for the week, okay? No moving, taking it easy and watching movies in bed and on the couch."
She whispered" Okay, Calum." She started dozing off again, she had very strong pain medicine in her right now, so she's very sleepy.
" Want a little lunch?" She nuzzled her face into my stomach," I'll take that as a no, wanna cuddle?"
" Yes!" Her little squeak was adorable, I smiled and leaned down, kissing her head. I laid back, getting under the blanket with her, she cuddled my side, I smiled.