Chapter 11

Warning:.  Smut Ahead

It was a Thursday morning, and Derek woke up early that day. He noticed that Michelle was still asleep. He gently removed his arm from her waist so as not to wake her up. She stirred a bit but luckily she didn't wake up. He got out of bed and went into the bathroom to shower.

When he was done showering, he walked out of the bathroom. Michelle was still asleep, this made Derek wonder if she forgot that today was his birthday. He tore his gaze from her and walked into the closet. After contemplating on what suit to wear, he decided to go all black today with a grey tie. When he came out of the closet, Michelle was still sleeping, he felt a little hurt that she hadn't woken up early like she always did on his previous birthdays. He walked towards her and carefully removed some hair from her face, he gave her a light kiss before walking out of the room, quietly closing the door behind him. He went downstairs and noticed that Nathan was already set for work, he was wearing a navy blue suit with a sky blue shirt.

"Good morning, birthday boy!" Nathan greeted him with a smile.

Derek chuckled at the way he said it.

"Happy birthday bro," he said giving Derek a bro hug.

"Thanks," Derek replied.

"Hey, why don't we go out tonight... You know, to have a guy's time."

"I don't think I'm in the right frame for that... I'm already stressed from too much work, I just need some rest... Maybe some other time."

"You said it yourself, so don't think of turning down my offer the next time I ask because I'm holding you on your word."

"I won't," Derek assured as they both walked to their various cars and drove off to work.

Derek arrived at his company.

"Happy birthday, Mr Howard!" His staff chorused the moment he walked into the building.

Derek was startled at first but he couldn't help but smile at their nice gesture. He blew out the candles in the cake they made for him and thanked them for taking the time to bake a cake and decorate the ground floor just for him. He was then served a slice of the cake which he gladly took with a cup of coffee. After that, he left them to carry on with the celebration. He entered his office and sat on his chair, his thoughts were only filled with Michelle. He kept wondering why she didn't wake up to wish him a happy birthday. He thought of the possibility that she may have forgotten that it was his birthday today but on second thought, she never forgets his birthday, not once had Michelle forgotten to wish him a happy birthday or even make a special birthday breakfast just for him before they usually go out to celebrate.

He was deep in thought when his phone began to ring. When he looked at the caller ID, it was his mom. He smiled and picked up the call.

"Hello, Mom."

"Happy birthday sweetheart!"

"Thanks, Mom."

"You know what? I was thinking about planning a party to celebrate your- "

"Mom, mom please don't... I don't think I'm in the mood for any parties."

"But honey-"

"Mom, whatever gifts you have for me can wait until Saturday."

"I'll only accept what you're saying right now because I'm going to be seeing you on Saturday."

"Thank you, mom."

"Okay, honey. You know I'll do whatever you want... I'll keep your presents until Saturday. Bye, love."

"Bye, Mom." He said and hung up.