Chapter 31

Nathan got back from work early because he wanted to be with his fiancee and child. He hasn't been steady for the last few days. He didn't find Michelle and Sandra home when he arrived. He was told by a maid that she had gone out with the baby. He thanked the maid for the information and dismissed her. He decided to go freshen up, so he went in and took a shower.

When Nathan was done, he went to the living room. He was on a phone call and at the same time looking through some paperwork when the doorbell rang. A maid went to get the door and to Nathan's surprise, it was Chloe. She is dressed in a green cross-back double strap bodycon mini dress with her hair wrapped in a back ponytail.

 She is dressed in a green cross-back double strap bodycon mini dress with her hair wrapped in a back ponytail

The maid excused herself from their presence and Nathan ended the call.

"What are you doing here, Chloe?" He asked, standing up from the couch.

"I came to see you. Isn't that obvious?" She replied in a 'duh' tone.

"You're not supposed to be here,"

"And why is that?... Is it because of Michelle?" Chloe asked walking closer to Nathan.

"I've missed you so much, Nate." She cooed, placing her arms around his neck.

Nathan just rolled his eyes and removed her arms from his neck.

"Look, Chloe, you can't be here... We can't be seen together like this,"

"I don't understand you, Nathan... Why are you being indifferent towards me?" She asked but got no reply from Nathan.

He just walked out of the living room and headed for his bedroom. He wasn't ready for this right now.

"Nathan, don't walk out on me!" Chloe yelled following him to his bedroom.

"Chloe, can't you get it?... You aren't supposed to be here," he said in an angry tone

"I haven't seen you in like forever... I just wanted to be close to you again... To feel you," she said, hungrily kissing him.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Michelle got back home and noticed some papers and a laptop on the coffee table in the living room which meant that Nathan was already home. She decided to go look for him in their bedroom because she urgently needed to talk to him, to know if he was still mad at her.

"Chloe, stop!" Nathan said pulling away from the kiss. He was tired of her drama.

"When are we going to see again?... You're always with Michelle. You don't even care about me anymore." Chloe complained.

"Chloe, listen to me, I'm only with Michelle to get back at Derek, I don't love her... I just want Derek to pay for hitting me. I promise when I'm through with my plans, we'll be together."