Chapter 11

The ride home was equally quiet making Kimberly's thoughts drift back to her conversation with Mr Gareth, she could tell he still felt guilty and remorseful for his past choices. She feels very sorry for him because the hands of time can't be turned back to correct past mistakes so one has to make the most of every opportunity that presents itself.

With that final thought, Kimberly knew what her decision was. She peeked at Ian whose full concentration was on the road, his features looked stressed out and, this made him look a little older than he was. She couldn't blame him for looking exhausted since his mom made him greet all the guests who also had many questions to ask. Taking a deep breath, she turned her attention towards her side of the window so he wouldn't catch her staring.

They finally got home and Ian wasted no time in getting out of the car, not caring about his fiancee. She guessed he was trying to be polite earlier that night. Kimberly reluctantly climbed out of the car, her feet were hurting from standing too long on heels. As soon as she stepped into the living room, she took them off before heading upstairs. She got into the bedroom and noticed Ian already taking off his clothes, his suit jacket and tie were off and he was now taking off his shoes pretending like she wasn't there.

How long is he going to keep up with this act? Kimberly wondered, sitting on the edge of the bed as she was already tired of standing. She stared intensely at Ian who was at the moment unbuttoning his shirt still ignoring her presence making her feel slightly irritated.

"Can we just stop this," Kimberly finally said breaking the silence.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Ian replied with a straight voice while taking off his pants.

"You know, you're acting like a dickhead right now." She continued already sick of his attitude.

Ian was shocked at Kimberly's choice of words. This was the first time she had ever addressed him in such a manner and he didn't like it one bit.

Kimberly noticed how Ian's whole body went stiff from her statement. She certainly went out of line, but right now she didn't care, she needed him to get that out as payback for the hurt and loneliness he made her feel for most of the day.

Ian angrily walked into the closet and Kimberly could tell he was trying hard to control his anger. He was out of the closet after a few minutes with a white T-shirt and grey sweater pants in his hand and she knew that was her cue to get straight to the point if she wanted to have any conversation with him tonight. She stood up from the bed and took careful steps towards Ian who was now fully clothed and looked like he didn't want to be anywhere near her.

"You've been ignoring me all day. You know I'm not the only one in the wrong here, you're as guilty as I am." Ian just glared at her still choosing to ignore her. Kimberly's arms were now secured around her fiance's neck.

"I know your dislikes and you know mine, yet you tend to bring up such issues to get me upset.... You know how I feel about the woods-"

"We're not having this conversation." Ian angrily said removing her arms from their position and angrily walked towards the door.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ian? Can you for Pete's sake stop acting like a brat!" She irritatedly said.

"I'm sick and tired of listening to your stupid sermons about the woods okay!" He yelled back.

"Fine. I'll come with you if that's what you want." She calmly said this time as she was already exhausted from the day's event.

"I just want us to go back to how we used to be... That's all I want." Kimberly explained, saying the last part in a whisper.

She could see the guilt and remorse in Ian's eyes after saying those words. She tore her eyes away from him, not wanting to maintain eye contact in case she got disappointed in the end. Kimberly was now staring at the floor, tears threatening to fall when she felt hands cupping her cheeks. Ian gently lifted her face so she was looking at him, he still had that remorseful look.

"I'm sorry for the hurtful things I said. I'm so sorry." He apologized in a cracked voice holding her in a warm embrace, she returned the hug as he continued whispering apologies.

Kimberly was beyond happy that they were good now because she couldn't imagine herself going to bed that night without being reconciled with Ian.

"I made muffins," she murmured into his chest making him chuckle.

"Can we have some over a movie?" Kimberly pleaded with puppy eyes, hoping it would work. She didn't feel tired anymore and wanted to be in his arms while watching a movie.

"I'd love that," he replied with a bright smile.

"Okay, give me a minute to change into something comfortable." She excitedly said.

"That won't be necessary."

Ian had a smirk on his face as he slowly undid her zipper making her furrow her eyebrows. As soon as her dress hit the floor, Ian took off his T-shirt handing it over to her.

"Here, this is comfortable," he said still smirking. Kimberly blushed scarlet at his action.

"Thanks." She timidly took the T-shirt and wore it.

They went downstairs. Kimberly went into the kitchen to get drinks, muffins, and some popcorn while Ian searched for movies they would watch. She returned to the living room with the snacks and drinks, placing them on the coffee table before making herself comfortable beside Ian who instinctively wrapped his arms around her as she cuddled into him.

I figured updating one more chapter wouldn't be a terrible idea
So, here you go lovelies, another update just for y'all
They made up, yay!
Please don't hesitate to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter 😊