Chapter 47

Roy stayed in his car crying, he couldn't understand what turn his life was taking. A month ago was peaceful and everything was going fine besides the fact that he didn't have a mate, but now his life was a mess with everything that had been going on. He had no doubt he was crazy.

Just a while ago he would've killed one of his own, after years of promising he wouldn't do such a thing. He wished he could get this guilt off his chest but he couldn't because the more he thought about what he did, the more he felt disappointed in himself.

John reminded him a lot of himself when he lost his sister, the grief he went through was so intense that at one point he felt like dying, and thanks to his uncle he couldn't do it. Now, he feels terrible for almost sending one of his own to an early grave just because he hit him.

He should've understood that the man was going through an emotional breakdown but he didn't, he let his wolf take control and mess things up. He stared at his bloody hands and cringed at the sight. He doesn't need this guilt right now, he has more problems to worry about, he mentally told himself before starting his car.

"Are you sure he's okay? I mean he left without a word." Kimberly asked Christine for the twentieth time

"Do you trust me?" Christine asked.

"Yeah, I do. But it's just-"

"Then, you should believe me when I say Roy is fine."

Kimberly woke up that morning to talk with Roy, maybe that way she'd feel less sad and uneasy about everything that had been going on in her head. She went into his bedroom and found it empty, which was unusual.

"Roy!" She called out his name on her way downstairs but got no response making her a bit scared as memories of the day she lost Ian and his friends flashed through her mind.

She quickly shook her head to erase those memories instead of continuing her search, from the living room to the dining room then to the kitchen for any sign of Roy but he was nowhere, this made her panic, wondering where he could be.

Why did he leave without informing her that he was going out?

Something was wrong, she concluded as she searched for the house telephone and quickly dialed Christine's number, informing her of her observation. Christine then offered to come over and stay with her since she was scared of being alone in the house. Kimberly thanked the older woman and hung up.

But honestly, that wasn't the only thing she was scared of. She was having a weird and unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach like something bad had happened or was about to happen but she had no idea what it was and why, that was how they ended up in their current position, a worried Kimberly and a calm Christine convincing her that Roy was fine.

Christine was feeling a bit guilty for not telling Kimberly the entire truth. She knew something was up because her mate Alan also left the house quite early in the morning but she didn't want to frighten an already worried Kimberly, that is why she is trying to act calm meanwhile she was freaking out on the inside.

"Maybe I should give him a call... That way you'd be at ease" Christine suggested making her way to the telephone.

She was about to dial Roy's office phone when the front door opened revealing a very worn-out Roy.

"Roy!" Kimberly ran towards him and immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck as she silently sobbed.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Roy softly asked.

"I-I thought something bad had happened to you," she murmured between sobs.

He guided them to the couch and made her sit on his lap while he gently stroked her hair.

"Roy, is everything alright?" Christine asked through mind-link.

"Hugh killed two of our own," he replied making Christine gasp.

Thankfully Kimberly didn't notice as she was too engrossed in listening to Roy's heartbeat.

Why would he do such a thing? Christine wondered.

"He wants her or else... There will be more bloodshed." Roy informed Christine that he could read her thoughts.

Roy could feel his insides boil at the mention of what Hugh did. He still couldn't understand how he managed to stay sane after the incident. He would've loved to rip Hugh's head from his body.

How did he let his uncle talk him out of it?

"Are you okay?" Kimberly worriedly asked when she noticed his breathing become ragged. Although the blood on his knuckles had dried, she was still worried nonetheless.

"Roy, please answer me," she begged interrupting his train of thought.

"I won't let him take you away from me, I promise." Was Roy's only reply as his eyes turned yellow.

Hey Lovelies
It's been quite a long time since I updated and I'm sorry
It's just a lot has been going on in my life, distracting me from updating my story but I won't let it get to me and I sure will update as soon as I can, so to all my lovely and patient readers, thank you. You all are the best. 😊