Chapter 62

"Roy?!" Kimberly gasped as she stared in shock at her mate. Her mind was playing tricks on her, she concluded shutting her eyes once again.

'This is another hallucination, Kim. Don't get your hopes up.' She internally said to herself, getting herself prepared for another round of disappointment.

She opened her eyes once more and to her greatest surprise, Roy was still there, just inches away from her.

"Kimberly," he called oh so gently bringing tears to her eyes.

Could this be real? She wondered slowly stretching out her arm in an attempt to touch him. She flinched away when her fingers lightly touched his arm, not wanting to believe that this was real.

It took her a few seconds to believe that it was indeed real and the minute she accepted it, she engulfed him in a tight hug with uncontrollable tears rolling down her face. Roy winced from the impact of the hug, getting her worried. She immediately pulled away from the hug and nervously asked,

" Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"It's not you," he replied in that mesmerizing voice of his.

"What happened?" She cupped his face in her hands, staring into those captivating grey orbs.

" I was attacked by some hunters last night while searching for you."

"Oh my God!" She panicked wondering why he hadn't completely healed like he used to.

"Wait here. I'll go get a first aid kit." She worriedly said, stepping away from him to get the first aid kit but didn't go far as his strong hand held her wrist stopping her.

"That's not why I'm here." He calmly said.

"First, let me attend to your wound, then you can tell me whatever you want to." She countered, her eyes pleading with him to let her take care of him for once.

"I'll be fine. You know that."

"Okay," she said in defeat, knowing that he was right.

"I-I t-thought you d-died. I s-saw you fall off the cliff." Kimberly stuttered finally realizing that it was indeed Roy in flesh and blood.

"I didn't. I was in a coma for a month due to the severe injuries I sustained," he explained, finally clearing the air.

"And Hugh?" She nervously whispered but got a deep growl from Roy which frightened her.

"I'm sorry." She wasted no time in apologizing, not wanting to face his wrath for enquiring after another man.

"He didn't make it." Roy eventually replied after some minutes of awkward silence.

Kimberly couldn't prevent the stray tears from rolling down her cheeks. Roy sighed at her reaction, ignoring the anger he was feeling from his mate crying over another werewolf.

"Okay. Why are you here then?" She sniffled, wiping her tears.

"I came to tell you something I never thought I'd say to you."

Kimberly tensed at that statement. What was he going to tell her? Please, let him not say he hates me and regrets helping me since I was the reason he lost many of his kind. She thought to herself, already sweating from nervousness as she remembered how distraught he was when Hugh killed his pack members.

"I... I love you." He breathed out, not believing what he just said. Never in his life did he imagine that he'd be saying these three words to a human

"I want you to come back home with me... I'm nothing without you" he further confessed.

Roy meant every word he said. Ever since he regained his consciousness and found out that Kimberly was no longer in the pack, he lost his sanity. Yes, he may have finally redeemed what rightfully belonged to his family which was making the pack one again but he felt empty, without his mate by his side, he was nothing,  and that was why he left his duties as an alpha temporarily in the hands of his beta, Elijah. When he couldn't take the emptiness anymore, he left the pack in search of his mate.

Kimberly couldn't believe her ears. Did Roy just admit that he was in love with her? She was quite aware of the fact that he was her mate and mates bond without even realizing it, according to what she was told but she never imagined that he'd admit his feelings. This is the best day of her life.

She wasted no second in connecting her lips with his. Gosh, has she missed this? His strong arms wrapped securely around her waist as she melted into the kiss, enjoying his lips. His tongue lovingly caressed her lower lips and she got the hint, opening her mouth for him to explore.  Her fingers tangled his long black hair to bring him closer, she wanted to feel him more, to assure herself that he was alive.

After what felt like forever, they decided to catch their breaths.

"I love you too," she whispered against his lips, giving him a light kiss before finally pulling away.

"Let me dress your wound." She then requested with a small smile. Roy was about to decline when the door to Kimberly's bedroom opened revealing her father.

"Kimberly, sweetie, are you al..right?" He looked confused between Kimberly and Roy.

"Can you explain to me what's going on here?"

Roy is indeed alive. Yay!