Chapter 18

WHEN SCARLET WALKED OUT of her bathroom looking like her face was melting gold, Sierra started cracking up. They had taken their respective showers and were all ready to do whatever Scarlet had planned, but Sierra didn't want to go first.

"Laugh all you want, you're gonna look just like me in a minute." Scarlet threw her the sheet mask. Sierra stuck out her tongue and went to the bathroom, dreading how terrible she was going to look for the next thirty minutes of her life.

Sierra always complained during pamper nights, but she secretly loved them. It was fun to forget about everything and spend time with the women she adored the most. Scarlet, in particular, always made sure her night was one to remember, so she couldn't really complain. She still did, however.

"Scar, I like real gold, not slimy gold," Sierra whined as she did her best to place the sheet mask on her face. "This feels weird."

Scarlet peered inside the bathroom and cackled. "You gotta smooth it out," she said, although her voice was muffled by the mask. She lifted the hole meant for her lips higher and repeated herself.

Sierra wanted to take her advice seriously, but she let out a string of giggles at Scarlet's face.

"Fine, stay with wrinkly slimy gold on your face," she said and sauntered off to the living room. Sierra grumbled and tried her best to smooth out the mask without breaking it with her fingers.

Once she was done, she made her way to the couch, turning on her television. When her screen showed Kyle's Netflix account still on, she scowled, which shifted her face mask.

"When was Mr. Trainer over here?" Scarlet questioned.

Sierra, for the first time ever, was grateful for having such a slimy sheet mask on her face. Without it, Scarlet would have seen the reddest blush on her cheeks and nose.

"Yesterday," Sierra muttered. "He...uh helped me with a research paper."

"That doesn't sound like something someone would do to get rid of a person." She looked to the corner of the apartment as if in mock thoughtfulness.

"Whatever."

Sierra could physically feel Scarlet's eye roll, but she made no more comment. She was tempted to watch something on his Netflix account, but she felt guilt coming up her throat. Instead, she went to exit from the account, but Scarlet nudged her side.

"Look, he made you a separate profile." She pointed to the top. She saw the bright square spelling out her name and clicked on it. Her profile and his were the only ones available. "That's so cute. He wants you to be happy."

"Netflix doesn't mean happiness," Sierra grumbled.

"No, but you do need to rest," Scarlet insisted. "And one way to do it is through watching TV, and, let's face it, those local channels aren't gonna do it."

"I can't believe he did this," Sierra whispered more so to herself.

She didn't know what to think. Every day, she received a surprise from Kyle. She started out the day with a breakfast he paid for, then he gave her the most mediocre workout of her life, and then she finds out he had done a profile on his own Netflix account so she had something to watch whenever she was free. Why was he giving her so many mixed signals?

"This man," Scarlet shook her head, "he's really trying to get with my bestie, and doing mighty fine at doing it."

"He's not!"

"Have you Googled him yet? Facebook-stalked him?"

Sierra frowned at her words. She recalled wanting to Google him, but in the midst of her tight schedule and lots of stress, she forgot to do so.