Safe

*placed after the building exploded*
(Steve)
We were cleaning the sutt and ash off of ourselves
after S.H.I.E.L.D a.k.a hydra decided to try and kill us when I noticed Nat looking sad and full of thoughts.
"You okay?" I asked walking out of the bathroom.
"Yeah." she said in an unconvincing tone.
"For a master spy you're a terrible liar." I said with a small laugh.
"Mmm are you sure?" she said still not convincing me.
"Hey, look at me." I said series but trying to be comforting, "what's going on?"
She let out a deep breath before starting.
"I owe you." she smiled faintly.
"Don't worry about it. It's what I do." I replied reassuringly.
"If it was the other way around, if it was down to me to save you, be honest, would you trust me?" she asked wide eyed, almost scared.
"C'mon of course I would. You're Natasha Romanoff." I smiled.
She smiled.
"Sorry for kissing you early." she said with her smile fading, "it was all I could think of in the mo-."
"I'm not." I cut her off with a smile.
(Natasha)
"C'mon of course I would. You're Natasha Romanoff." he said with a smile.
He trusts me? We sat there for a minute before I finally brought it up.
"Sorry for kissing you early." I said, "it was all I could think of in the mo-."
he cut me off
"It's okay, no need to be sorry." he replied with a smile.
I looked at him in somewhat disbelief.
"Strawberries." he said.
I was confused.
"What?"
"Your lips. They tasted like strawberries."
"Oh. Yeah. Uhm that's my lipgloss haha." I said with an almost giggle, then I continued, "Vanilla. Yours were vanilla."
"Ha and that would be my chapstick." he said laughing.
(Narrator)
They didn't really know what to say after that, so they both just sat there and looked at each other. It wasn't awkward. It was safe.