We Are

(steve's pov)
It was about noon so I decided to finish up in the gym and go take a shower, maybe try and find Nat. I really wanted to talk. I was on my way to the elevator when Nat walked in the front door. She stopped. I did too. She then looked around before walking over.
"Steve, can we talk?" she asked with a shake in her voice.
"Uhm yeah I was gonna ask you the same thing." I replied.
"Ok, but not here. In private. Please." she replied nervous again.
"Of course. My room?"
"Yeah." she said.
We then walked to the elevator in silence; I held it open and let her go first. I looked her over. She was sweating. Her eyes red, hands flinching, and her foot was tapping. "Is she ok?" I thought to myself.
The elevator then got to my floor, and I unlocked the door letting us into my apartment.
I threw my gym bag into the closet as Nat sat down on the couch. I then joined her, but sat on the opposite side of the couch.
"How do we start?" I asked seriously.
"Uhm, you can. You said you wanted to talk too."
"Uhm ok." I replied.
I didn't want to ruin the thing we were building so I said the only thing that might make this go away.
"Can we just forget this happened? I liked what we had Nat. I don't want one drunken, or whatever that was, night to ruin the amazing thing we have." I warm heartedly said shortening the distance between us only a little.
She just sat there.
"Nat?"
"C'mon you gotta say something."
"How can we forget something neither of us even remember." she finally said looking up at me with tears in her eyes then continued, "and I don't know if I- if we can."
"Nat I don't wanna mess this up I want to keep wooing you, bringing you strawberries, sketching you, and watching movies I've missed out on."
"Steve, you didn't mess anything up." she said blowing out, standing up, and putting her hands on her head.
"Then what's wrong?" I asked.
She just stood there looking at me, but then she started to walk towards me while saying, "Stand up."
I obeyed.
She finally made her way in front of me, and within seconds she had her hands on my face kissing me softly. I was bewildered, surprised, every single emotion you can think of, but I kissed back.
When we pulled away she put her forehead to mine and said something I'll never forget.
"Steve I'm pregnant."
I barely moved. I just pulled away a little. I thought it was impossible.
"What?" was all I could get out.
"Uhm yeah." she replied pulling something out of her back pocket and handing it to me.
It was a pregnancy test. Positive.
"Uhm, how?" I said swallowing.
I managed to continue holding her hand this whole time.
"Uhm probably a combination of your serum and the Red Room's failed sterilization." she replied trying to keep her cool.
"Wow." I almost whispered.
"Steve are you ok?" she said with tear in her eyes.
I didn't care about me. I couldn't even imagine how scared she was.
"Don't worry about me, are you?"
She just stood there, and then slowly bent down letting go of my hand putting her hands over her eyes then hugging herself while saying no. I grabbed her as she fell to the floor crying.
"Ok, ok." I said pulling her in shhhing, and rocking her, like a baby.
A baby.
It hit me in that moment of why we were the way we were.
"You're gonna be ok. I'm here." I whispered.
She continued to sob.
I then pulled away a little for a second only to ask a question.
"This might not be the right time, but uhm are you keeping it? Because Nat I support you in whatever you choose, ok?" I said bring my hands to her face and wiping her tears.
"Yeah I am." she paused, "we are." she said with a small smile.
I laughed, then we made eye contact. I leaned in and softly kissed her to let her know I would be here then said, "Hey."
"What?" she replied sniffling.
"We're having a baby." I said smiling softly.
(natasha's pov)
he kissed me.
Of course that was after I kissed him, but this was different.
"Hey." he said.
"What?" I said through sniffles and tears.
"We're having a baby." he said with a smile.
I couldn't help but smile too.
"We are." I smiled.
"Fury's gonna be pissed." we laughed.
(narrator)
He then pulled Nat back into a hug and they just sat on his floor hugging for what seemed like forever. They were having a baby.

Read :)
hey! this genuinely might be the end! I like ending on a high note so here's your high note. Nat and Steve have there baby; I decided it was a girl. They name her Kayla Rogers, and they take after Clint by buying a house in a rural area. i hope you enjoyed my "midterms break time" writing
the end :)

should i write more in the future?
leave your thoughts :)