6 - Showdown

Will's POV

I awoke with Sweet Pea's arms wrapped around me. I crawled out of bed so not to wake him, and got in the shower. After washing my hair, I got out and brushed it.

"Will? Are you in there?" Sweet Pea asked and knocked on the door. "Yeah." I said and opened the door. "Do you want to use the sh-" I was cut off with Sweet Pea kissing me. "Come on. We need to get to school." 

***

At school we were all huddled around Sweet Pea's half broken laptop, watching a video with a bunch of stupid northsiders.  

"Hey. Guess we're not watching funny cat videos." said Jughead walking over to our table. "We will find you." said the redheaded teen on the video. Sweet Pea turned the laptop around. "Check this out." he said. "Some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a crazy-ass video, and we were just talking." "About what?" Jughead asked. "Fogarty wants to earn his Seprent stripes. I say, bring us the head of that Northsider, and you're in." Sweet Pea answered. "I'm down with that." said Fangs, and all us Serpents started laughing. 

"No, guys. No--" "What, Jones." I said. "I know this guy. He's a milquetoast. He's a football player. It's kind of a lame target is all I'm saying." Jughead said trying to make us back down. "You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?" Sweet Pea and I sniffed. "Why would we do that?" said Sweet Pea. "The Black Hood's targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame the Southside, for everything that's wrong with this town, and we're sick of it." I said. "Black Hood's doing the work for us. He's a hero." said Sweet Pea.

***

That night, Sweet Pea and I were sitting on his couch watching Netflix, cuddled under a blanket. Fangs all of a sudden burst in the door and switched off the TV.

"Dude, what the hell?" said Sweet Pea. "A bunch of us Serpents are going to the quarry, do you want to come?" asked Fangs. "Sure." I said and stood up. "We need to head to the liquor store first though." said Fangs. "Okay." said Sweet Pea and we left.

We stumbled out of the liquor store as the door got stuck and we had to try hard to push it. We started walking towards where we parked our bikes. 

"Hey!" Sweet Pea said and we all ran over to this kid who was spray painting on a wall. "What the hell are you doing?" I said angrily. "Back off. I'm not here for you." the kid replied. "Oh yeah? Then who's this message for, huh." I said, as I walked towards him and shoved him to stop him spraying the wall. "Oh, hell." laughed Sweet Pea. "Don't tell me it's for the Black Hood." It was the redhead from the video, spraying a red circle, the name of his vigilante group. "You believe this guy?" I said. "People say we're the troublemakers." 

The redhead tried to push past us, but we stood our ground. "Whoa." I said. "Southside Serpent country. You can't come here and tag our turf. So, why don't you get your ass back to the Northside, before somebody gets hurt?" I looked up at my boyfriend who was ready to beat some Northside ass. "Get out of my way. Or someone will get hurt." he said. "You just made a big mistake." I said and the other Serpents followed me in taking ur switchblades out. I laughed at him as he looked at our knives. 

"Who made a mistake?" the redhead said and pulled out a gun. Sweet Pea stood in front of me and pushed me behind to protect me. "What the hell, man?" Sweet Pea said angrily as we backed away slowly. "Who made a mistake?" the kid yelled in Sweet Pea's face. I pulled Sweet Pea's jacket, "Come on, let's go." I said to him and all of us Serpents started running away from the crazy ass kid. 

When we'd arrived at where we'd parked our bikes, Sweet Pea stopped me. "Will, are you okay?" asked Sweet Pea and he put his hand on my arm. "I will be, it's not the first time I've been threatened with a gun." I said. "You've been through hell and back." Sweet Pea said. "Yeah." I said and kissed him. "I don't really want to go t the quarry. Can you take me home?" I asked. "Of course." said Sweet Pea and we rode back to the trailer park.

"Thanks for the ride." I said. "Anytime, you know that." Sweet Pea replied. I kissed him. "Bye." I said.

***

The next day, after school, in the evening, Toni and I were at the Whyte Wyrm chatting while Toni was working her shift. Sweet Pea and Fangs came rushing over to us. 

"Will, we've found an address for that crazy kid with the gun. All us teen Serpents are going there now. You in?" asked Sweet Pea sliding onto the barstool next to me. "Hell yeah!" I said. 

I rode on the back of Sweet Pea's bike, until we arrived on the Northside on Elm Street. A girl saw us approaching, but we didn't care, so we went up those stairs full of anger.

"How stupid are you Northsiders?" asked Sweet Pea rhetorically. "You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my girlfriends face, and there wouldn't be any payback?" The door opened wider to reveal a team of football players in blue and 'gold' letterman jackets. "You have crap timing bro." a guy who we presumed to be the captain said. "Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch." 

Sweet Pea looked him in the eye and said "We'll see about that. And the more the merrier." The captain took a step forward, only to be stopped by the redhead. "Hey, chill." the redhead said. "Veronica, stay here." "What? Archie, no." Veronica said. Archie turned towards his girlfriend and had a deep conversation with her. He then turned to face us. "If you want a fight, we'll fight." "What about your gun?" I said, stepping forward. "What about your knife?" Archie said quickly. "How about no weapons?" the raven-haired girl stepped forward. "If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there are gonna be rules. Or should I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?"  

I cracked my knuckles. "We're gonna beat your asses Bulldogs." I said. "Hell? She can't fight." the captain yelled. "Oh yes. She can." said Sweet Pea. We turned, went down the stairs and got on our bikes. And rode to the Town Hall parking lot.

It was pouring down with rain when we arrived, but couldn't care less. We stood in two rows, facing each other. Bulldogs on one side, and us Serpents on the other. We stood staring each other down for a minute, and then Sweet Pea and Archie stepped forward. They stood there, and then Archie started the fight by punching Sweet Pea in the side of the face. He spat blood onto the ground and fell onto the floor and then all the Serpents lunged forward and the row of Bulldogs.

"Hell no," I said to myself. Sweet Pea got up and tackled Archie to the ground. I ran over there and kicked Archie in the stomach. He then moved his head up and I punched him in the face. "I got him from here." Sweet Pea said to me. So, I left his side to beat up some Bulldogs. I looked the captain in the eye. "I can't hit a girl." he said. "Sucks to be you then." I snapped back and ran over to him and punched him in the eye, and almost instantly his eye was swelling up. 

Everyone was in a frenzy, punching, kicking and tackling. One of the Bulldogs was on his knees and stupidly pulled out a pocket knife. He looked at Sweet Pea, like he was his target for the stabbing. Sweet Pea didn't notice because he was tackling Archie and kicking him in the stomach. I ran over to the kid with the knife, and as he was standing up, I knocked him to the floor. 

All of a sudden, someone shot a gun into the air, we all looked up to see Veronica pointing a gun to the sky. Everyone stopped fighting for a second. Sweet Pea came over to me, "Let's go." he said. I nodded and we got on his bike and rode to Sunnyside.

***

"Are you hurt?" Sweet Pea asked me, when we had arrived at Sweet Pea's trailer and we were sitting on the couch. 

"I'm fine." I said. "You on the other hand." I stood up and got the first aid kit from under the bathroom sink. I then sat back down next to him. "Who gave you that black eye?" I asked him cleaning his cuts with a cloth. "Archie did." he replied. "Nice, what you did to his face though." "At least those Northsiders have morales. They didn't hit me once." I replied and handed him a bag of ice. "Put this on your eye." 

"How did you get so good at this?" Sweet Pea asked me. "I had to clean up myself and my sisters, when I was younger." I replied. "I'm sorry I brought it up." "It's fine." I answered. "All done." "Thanks." he said. Sweet Pea leaned over and kissed me. 

Suddenly, we heard sirens outside. "Stay here." Sweet Pea said. I opened my mouth to argue, but Sweet Pea put his finger to my lips. He stood up, and there was a knock at the door. Sweet Pea opened it. 

"You're under arrest for jumping Dilton Doiley and stabbing him." said Sheriff Keller and put handcuffs on Sweet Pea's wrists. "What the hell?" I said loudly and went over to the door. A deputy came over to me and put handcuffs on me as well. "We didn't do anything." Sweet Pea yelled. They put in the back of a sheriff crusier and drove to the sheriffs station.