11 - Christmas Wishes

Will's POV

We all stood around a table covered in gifts, wrapping paper and all other gift-wrapping supplies.

"I such at this." I said, attempting to cut wrapping paper with my fingers.

"That's not your fault that you were born without cutting skills." Sweet Pea joked, helping me cut the paper. 

"What is all this?" Jughead asked, entering the Wyrm and coming down to where we all were.

"It's Serpent tradtion." answered Toni. "Every year, we give back to the Southside. Toys for Tots, Meals on Wheels, kids and old folks living alone."

"The Hells Angels do it." added Fangs.

"I'm always down for charitable works." Jughead said. "Hey, have you seen my dad?"

"Why aren't you in school?" FP asked, as if right on cue.

"Uh, it's a half day before break." Jughead answered. 

"Well, in that case, you can hold down the fort here, Jug." FP said. "Or I could come with you guys." Jughead quickly stated.

"Nice try, the answer's no." FP ignored.

"We do need another set of hands, Boss." Tall Boy interrupted.

"There you go. Let me pull my weight." Jughead said, and FP ignored him, "Dad."

"Sweet Pea, you're with us." FP said.

"Bye," I said, and kissed him goodbye. "See you later," he replied, and he left with FP and Tall Boy.

"Who's going to help me now?" I groaned, failing to tape up the gift.

***

"Penny Peabody has got my dad dealing drugs." Jughead said, later on that day, when all the teenage Serpents were gathered around.

"I know this, 'cause she had me doing it before him." the boy continued. "Now, she's roped in Tall Boy and Sweet Pea." 

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped me instead of you-" Sweet Pea started, but was cut off by Jughead.

"No, Sweet Pea, I'm pissed because I don't want the Serpents to end up like the Ghoulies." Jughead replied. "And I doubt that any of you became Serpents just to be at the beck and call of a drug queenpin. I know where this ends. Death. Jail. Which is why in the interest of self-preservation we have to take out Penny."

"Snake Charmer's helped some of us." Sweet Pea spoke up.

"Oh, yeah? And what did she ask for in return, Sweet Pea? How many favors?" Jughead responded. "Now, if we don't stop Penny tonight she is going to get every single one of us in on this. I promise you. I promise you, Sweet Pea." 

"What I'm asking is, are you willing to risk your necks to save my dad's life?" 

"What is the first law?" asked Toni, standing up from her seat on her bike.

"No Serpent stands alone." I said. We all stood up.

"I'm in." Sweet Pea said.

"Me too." Toni said. "Let's do this." I said.

***

"You really think this is a good idea?" Sweet Pea asked me, while we were getting ready for the great plan.

"Yes." I stated, "I don't want you dealing drugs, when the baby comes." 

"I understand that logic." he replied.

"It may solve all our problems, but it may make them all worse." I said.

"It's worth a shot." Sweet Pea added,

***

"Penny." Jughead said when she'd opened the door. "Ho, merry, ho." 

"Jughead Jones." Penny sighed. "Nice crowbar."

"This? I brought it in case I needed to pry the door open." Jughead replied, and tossed the crowbar aside.

"Well, are you gonna give me a hand with this stuff?" the Snake Charmer asked. "Your dad with be here in, like, what, 15, 20 minutes? He probably won't be too happy to see you, huh?"

We all made our way over to beside Jughead, wearing the same snake masks we'd used on the day we gave him, Hot Dog.

"I wouldn't worry about that. Neither of us are going to be there." the boy said. Penny turned to see us all with our masks on, standing beside Jughead, and she didn't look too happy.

"Is this supposed to scare me?" she sighed. We walked over to her. "I would not do this if I were you. You are making a big mistake." Sweet Pea put a bag over her head. "You are making-- Are you out of your mind?!"

***

Sweet Pea and Fangs shoved her to the ground and Toni removed the bag from her head. We know weren't wearing masks, so she could see our full identities.

"Where am I?"  she asked, breathing heavily.

"You're in Greendale." Jughead answered. "Your new home. But frankly, Penny, I don't care where you set up shop. But it's not going to be in Riverdale, and it's not gonna be with the Serpents. You wanna deal drugs? You wanna extort people? That's your business. But not on the Southside. That belongs to us."

"You stupid cocky kid," Penny laughed, and pulled up her sleeve. "The Serpent law says you can't hurt one of your own."

"Oh, Penny, it's time you learn." Jughead said, getting up from his crouched postion in front of her, and taking off his jacket. "Grab her." Sweet Pea and Toni each grabbed one of her arms. And Jughead pulled out his knife.

"That tattoo doesn't make you a Serpent." the boy said, and started cutting her tattoo off with his knife.

"No,No---" Penny said and started screaming, "No, no, no." Blood started coming out the wound and Jughead kept coming.

"I can't watch this." I gagged. I kept gagging and staggered into the forest, to throw up beside a tree. Fangs came running after me. 

"You okay Will?" asked Fangs, rubbing my back. "I'm okay." I said.

***

On Christmas Morning, I woke up to another round of morning sickess. I went over to Sweet Pea who was sitting on the couch. 

"The baby's Christmas present to me is morning sickness," I said and sat down next to him.

"Mine is probably better than that." Sweet Pea replied and handed me a small square box.

I opened it and there was a small charm bracelet with three charms on it: a two-headed snake, which is the Serpent symbol, a pair of angel wings, and a Sweet Pea flower.

"Oh, Sweet Pea, I love it!" I said and immediately put it on my wrist. "Thank you. You can have yours now." I handed him a small rectangular box. He opened it and took out a brand new swiss army knife, with his initials: S.P engraved on it.

"This is amazing, I love you." he said. "I love you too." I replied, and gave him a long passionate kiss.