9 - Love and Hate

Will's POV

"P...Pregnant?" I stuttered. I checked the calendar on my phone. "I'm late." I said. 

"What?" Sweet Pea said. "I'm late, look." I said, and showed him my calendar. 

"Shit." I said. Sweet Pea opened the plastic bag and handed me a pregnancy test. 

"Go and take it." he said. 

I went in the bathroom, and took the test. I sat on the toilet lid, thinking about how life would be like with a baby. Five minutes later, I was sitting on the floor with my head in my hands. Sweet Pea knocked on the door.

"You okay?" he asked. I stayed silent. Sweet Pea opened the door to see me on the floor. I showed him the test. 

"I'm 16, almost 17. I can't be pregnant, I'm not ready." I said. Sweet Pea kneeled on the bathroom floor next to me, and rubbed my back.

I fell into his arms and he squeezed me tightly.

"We'll get through it, Wildie." he said, "Together." I nodded, and he held me and kissed my head.

***

"We can't afford it." Sweet Pea said. "I'm not getting rid of it." I said, coldly.

"I know, I don't want to either." he said. Suddenly, it clicked in my brain.

"The garage." I said. "What garage?" he asked confused. 

"The garage, where I got my bike. It has all mine and my sisters old baby stuff." 

"Like what?" he asked. "Clothes, Toys and even a crib." I replied. "It'll save a lot of money."

"Who are we going to tell?" Sweet Pea asked. "For now, I think just Toni and Fangs, until I start showing." I said. 

"I understand." he said. 

"No more baby talk," I said. "I'm going to eat my ice cream and we're going to watch Netflix." 

"Okay." Sweet Pea laughed. We sat on the couch together and turned on the tv. 

"Can I have some of your ice cream?" he asked. 

"No, I'm pregnant now, I'm eating for two." I said.

"What happened to no more baby talk?" "Shut up." I said and playfully punched him in the arm. 

"With all the drama that happened when I got home, I forgot to tell you what happened at school today." Sweet Pea said.

"What happened?" I asked. "I'm not going to tell you until I get some ice cream." he replied. I sighed and handed him the tub. "Yes!" he said. 

"Tell me then." I said. "They caught the Sugarman." Sweet Pea said, and scooped out a big spoonful of ice cream. "Who is it? And stop eating all my ice cream." I said and snatched my ice cream back.

"Mr Phillips." he said. "Really!" "I was there when he got arrested." Sweet Pea said and emphasized on the word was

"Shut up!" I said. 

***

That night, I was sitting with Toni at the Wyrm. Sweet Pea and I had decided that he'd tell Fangs and I'd tell Toni. Right now he was playing pool with Fangs, and then we going to tell him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Toni asked me and sipped at her beer. "And why aren't you drinking?" 

"Well, I can't drink." I said, "I'm pregnant." Toni hugged me.

"I'm so happy for you." she said. "I'm guessing you guys are serious. Have you said 'I love you' yet?" 

"Yeah, the night of the drag race." I replied.

"And how far along are you?" Toni asked. 

"About 2 weeks." I said. 

Sweet Pea's POV

"Dude, can I tell you something?" I asked after just beating Fangs in pool. "What?" he asked.

"Will's pregnant." I said.

"Dude. I thought you said you weren't goning to sleep with her. How many times have you done it then?" Fangs replied.

"A lot." I said. Fangs laughed. 

"Enough about me, Fangs you need to get laid." I said bluntly.

"I know dude. I know." he said. 

***

Will's POV

I went over to Sweet Pea and Fangs after Toni and my conversation. Then Jughead came in, "I have an announcement to make." he said, "My dad's getting out." 

We all cheered and clapped at this statement. We were excited to get our king back.

"When he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with Mayor McCoy." 

"That's brilliant." Tall Boy said and virtually slamed his glass on the table.

"Do you have a problem with that, Tall Boy?" Jughead said sighing.

"Your old man? No." he answered. "I've got no problem with him. But you want us to sit down with the mayor."

"I do. He's right." Jughead said to us. "I think we can bring the Southside back. But it's gonna take work. And it's going to take compromise."

"We can bring the Southside back." Tall Boy laughed. "You've been here all five minutes."

"Tall Boy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch," Jughead said, I sniggered at his remark. "Whispering behind my back that I'm half a Serpent or that I don't belong here. Why don't we put it to a vote?" 

"If you guys think what I'm doing is wrong, I'll step aside." 

"All those who stand with Jughead and think Tall Boy should shut the hell up?" Toni spoke up. I agreed with my best friend and raised my hand. Most if not all the Serpents raised their hands, including Sweet Pea and Fangs. Seeing this, Tall Boy left the diner.

"I'm craving chocolate-chip cookies, I'm going to run out and get some." I said. 

"Okay, be careful on the road." Sweet Pea said and I kissed him goodbye.

"I will, bye." I said, and left the building. 

***

After going to the grocery store, I went back to Sweet Pea's trailer. But on my way, I saw none other than my sister, coming down the steps of my trailer.

"Wren! What the hell are you doing here?" I raged. 

"I'm here to see you." Wren said. 

"Why?!" I yelled at her.

"You called the cops on us, Ghoulies. Got Malachai arrested." she replied

"So what. I didn't call Sheriff Keller." I said.

"It was one of you're friends. So, consider this a warning." Wren reached inside her jacket.

"What? What's a warning?" I asked. She pulled out a large knife.

"What the hell! Don't do it." 

"This is a warning, if any of your friends come after us again, you and all your Serpent friends will die." she said.

She ran towards me with the knife, and stabbed me clean in the left thigh. 

"You're crazy!" I said, wincing at the pain in my leg. Then she bolted into the woods.