13 - Scandalous

Will's POV

"Sweets you look fine." I said, rubbing my boyfriend's arm as he looked in the mirror. He tugged the collar of the turtle-neck that he had to wear to cover his tattoo.

"No, I look stupid." he said. 

"Well I think you look hot." I said, and hugged him from behind. 

"Oh, really?" Sweet Pea said, spinning me around to face him. 

"Yeah," I answered nodding. He placed his lips on mine. "Come on, let's go."

***

Toni, Sweet Pea, Fangs and I were in the student lounge the next day, all not wearing our jackets.

"Sweet Pea, you look stupid!" Toni laughed, putting a fist on her mouth to stop her bursting out with laughter.

"Oh, shut up, Topaz." Sweet Pea replied, and he softly punched her in the arm.

 Suddenly, Jughead came into the room, and all eyes went to him, specifically his jacket. 

"Oh, hey, guys. What's up?" he said pridefully, and went over to the vending machine. 

"Seriously Jones," I muttered.

"Take it off." Reggie said coldly, and he walked over to Jughead. "Take off that jacket, rat boy."

Jughead sighed and turned to face the boy. And we walked closer to the boys too. "Oh, Reggie, I don't think you know what this jacket means. Because you have no sense of honor, or history or loyalty."

"That's it." the football player had enough, and lunged at Jughead.

We all ran over, as Reggie was attempting to pull the jacket off of Jughead, and so was the other football players. We tried to push them off Jughead, then it turned into a full on fight, we were throwing punches and attacking the Bulldogs. But were then all roped in by the Principal, as Veronica saw the fight and went and got him.

"You all have a weeks detention for fighting." said Mr Weatherbee. When we were all sat in his office. He looked at Jughead. "But, I made myself clear to you Mr. Jones. Take off that jacket right now, or you're suspended."

"Please, Jughead jus--" Veronica persuaded.

"Then, I guess I'm suspended." Jughead cut her off with, and walked out.

***

Later that night, Sweet Pea and I were at his trailer, talking about random stuff, casually flirting and snacking on just out-of-date food from the bottom of the cupboard.

"So, I was thinking." Sweet Pea said, his arm around me, and his hand on my thigh.

"What?" I asked, looking in his dark, mesmerising eyes.

"If you want to move in with me?" he asked, looking back at me. 

"Really?" I asked, he nodded. "I'd love too, Sweets." I climbed onto his lap, pulled him towards me and kissed him, and before we knew it we were making out. We didn't even notice Fangs come in.

"Hey! Break it up." he said, slaming the door to pull us apart.

"Dude." Sweet Pea said, annoyed.

"I don't want to see my sister and my best friend making out." Fangs replied.

"You came in here." I said. "And Sweet Pea was my boyfriend before we found out you were my brother."

"Exactly." Sweet Pea added. "Why are you here in our trailer anyway?"

"Don't yell at me, I just want to spend time with my friends." Fangs answered, "And did you say our trailer?"

"Yeah, he did. I'm moving in." I said. 

"Well, congrats you guys." Fangs said. "Move. 'cause I wanna play PS4." We laughed at his comment, and I reluctantly got off of Sweet Pea's lap, and sat next to him.

***

"What the hell? Guys?" Jughead asked, coming in to school a week later, at the sight of our disgusting school uniforms.

"Weatherbee gave them to us." Toni said, as the three of us mad our way over to Jughead. "Said he understood that not every Southside student had the means to purchase Riverdale High acceptable clothes."

"He thinks this will help us, fit in." I added, cringing at the ugly uniforms we were wearing.

"Where's Fogarty?" Jughead asked.

"He wouldn't wear the uniform." Sweet Pea answered, "So, they got rid of him, suspended him."

"Or our choices are conform, or be cast out."

"Yeah," I said. "And wear these disgusting uniforms."

***

The next day, Jughead had gathered all the Serpents at Riverdale High into an empty classroom, still wearing our god-awful uniforms.

"Welcome to the inagrual meeting of the Swords and Serpents club." Jughead announced.

"Which is what exactly?" Toni asked.

"Like I told Fogarty to lure him back to dear old Riverdale," Jughead answered, "We are a gaming group, sanctioned by Mr. Weatherbee, himself. Where like-minded students can meet and concoct, world-building, role-playing scenarios, inhabiting fantastical heroes and dispatching mythological creatures."

"No, but really?" Toni laughed.

"It's a club. For us. A safe haven, where we can be Serpents, during school hours, and under everyone's noses . We're not shedding our skins. We're lying low, in the tall grass."

***

Weeks later, I was watching Sweet Pea and Fangs beating the Northside's ass at basketball. I sat on the bleachers, and saw Sweet Pea slam Reggie to the floor. I laughed quite loudly, but everyone was focused on the game in hand.

"You were great." I told my boyfriend when he came off the court.

"Thanks, I'll get changed and we'll go." he replied, I kissed him and he ran off so we wouldn't be late to our appointment.

"Why is he in such a hurry?" asked Reggie approaching me.

"What do you want, Reggie?" I asked, sighing.

"You didn't answer my question." 

"If you must know, we're going to the hospital." I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Seriously, Reggie. Do you need to know everything?" I groaned. "Go away.

"I'm just wondering why you're dating him. Wouldn't, I don't know, I be such a better fit? I did see him kissing Josie McCoy yesterday," Reggie said.

"I can see right through you Reggie, I was with him all of yesterday," I fumed. "Being a dick, won't make yours any bigger."

I stormed out of the room, and headed to the boy's locker room to wait for Sweet Pea.

"Will, babe, are you okay? You look stressed." Sweet Pea said, coming over to where I was standing.

"Fucking, Reggie Mantle!" I said loudly.

"What did he do now?" Sweet Pea said, some of my anger rubbing off on him.

"He said that you were making out with Josie McCoy yesterday, and was trying to get me to dump you for him." I said quickly.

"He's a dick." Sweet Pea replied, "You don't believe him do you?" he asked this question with a worried look.

"For course not." I said, "I love you." He cupped face with his hand, "I love you too." he kissed me and then we made our way over to where his bike was parked.