Half Galra

Notes: This fic doesn't fit the prompt 100 percent because it was originally going to be Lotor feeling awkward around 80s Keith and not knowing why, then realizing his mannerisms are different since he's not half Galra, but then I remembered how badly Allura was treated in the 80s version and the fic sort of went off the rails. #NotAllLotors

"Lotor!" Keith's voice rang through Lotor's ship. "Where are you? You're completely off our radar."

"It's like you've dropped completely out of this universe," Pidge whispered in the background. "I think... I think you've gone into a different reality. But the communicators still work..."

Lotor sighed. He knew it was a risk, but he had thought the precautionary measures he had taken would be enough to keep him in the proper reality. "Have we fallen into this one before?"

"Negative," Pidge answered, now at their full volume, "This is a new one."

"If you'd like, one of us can try to enter the reality so you won't be alone." Hunk offered.

"No," Lotor declined, "There's a chance you would fall into a different part of this universe, or a different universe all together. It's safer for you all to work on it from that side while I figure out how to get back from here."

"Sounds good," Keith said, "Make contact with us again if you need our help or if you figure out a way to get back before we do."

Lotor nodded. "Will do. Goodbye for now, my love."

Pidge made a gagging sound through their com. "You guys are so gross."

"I think it's sweet," Hunk butted in.

"Literally no one asked."

"Guys!" Keith scolded. "See you later, Lotor."

Lotor's coms went silent. He looked around his ship. Empty space as far as the eye could see, with some stars not too far to his left.

'I suppose I should work on getting home,' Lotor thought, starting a route toward the stars. Where there was light, there was often a planet nearby that supported life.

After a few Vargas of flying, Lotor came across-

"The castle of lions?" Lotor whispered to himself. "It must belong to the paladins of this reality. Maybe they can help me get back to mine."

Lotor flew over to the castle. "Hello," He broadcasted out to it, "My name is Lotor. I am from a different reality and need help getting back. May I please come in to your castle?"

After a moment of waiting, Lotor watched as a door opened along the side of the castle, an open invitation for him to come aboard.

Once he was aboard the castle, Lotor stepped out of his ship and removed his helmet. He looked around him and saw that he was in a ship landing with the lions of Voltron, but none of the paladins.

"Hello?" Lotor called out, "Is anyone here?"

Five people jumped out from behind a lion, the shortest of whom was screaming in a language Lotor didn't understand (he wondered if it was perhaps the child's own language that existed only to them, or if it was a language that existed in this reality and not Lotor's.)

Lotor scanned the group in front of him. There was a man in a vest who Lotor recognized as Hunk, a man in a turtleneck who looked like Lance, and two people Lotor didn't recognize. One was still screaming, the other one had not begun. The last person looked familiar, but it took Lotor a moment to realize who it was.

"Keith?" Lotor asked, "Is that you?"

"What's it to ya?" The new Keith asked angrily.

'Now that's a mullet.' Lotor thought.