Injuries

"What a fight!" Lance cheered, "We totally beat their butts!"

"Heck yeah we did!" Hunk agreed.

"And we had just enough healing pods," Allura added, "Not too many and not too few."

Keith smiled, hoping no one noticed the blood seeping from his side. "Great job out there, everyone! You guys should celebrate."

"Yeah!" Pidge said, "Let's get some nunvil up in this joint!"

Keith began to walk away while Allura was busy explaining to Pidge that they were far too young for nunvil, no matter what their IQ was.

"Yo, team leader," Lance shouted, following Keith out of the room. Keith silently cursed. Wasn't Lance supposed to be the least observant? When had he gotten so good at calling Keith's bluff?

"Yeah, Lance? You need something?"

"Are you okay? You know you can join the party if you want."

Keith nodded, leaning against the wall in a way he prayed looked casual and not like he had been grazed with a spear in the battle prior. "Yeah, I know. I'm just super tired, plus Lotor's already in our room."

Lance laughed. "Alright, lone wolf. Just know that you can join us if you want. Lotor too. Everyone will be happy to see you having fun."

"Thanks, Lance. That means a lot. Maybe next time."

Lance shrugged and walked back into the room.

Keith was grateful for Lotor's absence when he entered their room. Hopefully he'd be able to shower and get dressed again before Lotor got back. Then he could just sleep off the injury and no one would be the wiser.

Unfortunately for Keith, Lotor was very efficient and was only out of the room for the time it took him to shower and put on underwear.

"Sorry it took me so long," Lotor called out.

Keith grimaced. He crossed his fingers that he'd be able to put a shirt on before Lotor saw him before remembering that their room was small, and Lotor was standing a meter from him.

"I decided to get some of Hunk's Earth cookies for us to eat, but he had locked them up since I kept taking them," Lotor laughed as he locked their door, "It took me ages to be able to cut my sword through the lock. He will not be pleased with me, but-"

Lotor trailed off when he finally looked at Keith. "Keith Akira Yorak Kogane!" Lotor scolded. "What in the universe happened to you? Why aren't you in a healing pod?"

Keith groaned. "Lotor, I'm fine."

"Is that why you're bleeding all over our sheets?"

Keith looked down. He was, sure enough, bleeding on the sheets. He stood up and walked over to Lotor. "I can walk okay."

"You're hobbling," Lotor observed, "You need a healing pod."

"No, for the last time, I'm fine."

Lotor rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. "If you're going to be stubborn, then I will patch you up. I'll start with the lesser cuts and scrapes-"

Lotor picked Keith up (sometimes Keith loved how much smaller he was than Lotor and how Lotor could pick him up and toss him around. This was not one of those times.) and placed him back onto their bed. "Then work my way to the largest one, since that will be the most painful for you when I fix it."

"I'm fine," Keith insisted, but much to his irritation, Lotor still didn't seem to believe him.

Keith felt Lotor's eyes boring into him as he bandaged his wounds. "How did you get hurt?"

"During the battle earlier. Some jerk threw a spear at a villager and I pushed her out of the way."

"That was very brave of you," Lotor sighed, "But I've still got a right to be upset, you know. The love of my life just risked his life with no regard for his own safety."

Keith glared at him. "I didn't have a choice, Lotor. You would've done the same thing."

Lotor ignored him, choosing to focus on the injuries on Keith's arm. "And to make it worse, you didn't even ask for a healing pod. You didn't even tell anyone."

"There were other people who needed a healing pod more than me. Hell, this is coming from the guy who dislocated both his arms without flinching! Who are you to criticize my- ow!"

"Sorry if it stings," Lotor said, patting rubbing alcohol around a cut. "At least this one won't need stitches like the one on your side."

"Thanks," Keith grumbled under his breath. "It's nice of you to fix me up."

"Of course," Lotor said, placing a kiss on Keith's forehead before moving to work on Keith's side. He took a deep breath breath. "Keith, my love, it's not that you risked your life. I know you have to risk your life often since you're a paladin, and it would be rather hypocritical for me to be upset about that given all the danger I put myself in. I'm upset that you didn't trust me enough to tell me you were hurt."

"It's not that I don't trust you," Keith said. "I didn't want to worry you."

"Keith, I am your boyfriend. I want to worry about you. Take a deep breath."

Keith did as he was told. A moment later, he was grateful for it, because he nearly yelled when Lotor started on the stitches.

"How is it that you can withstand a spear to the stomach but can't handle a tiny needle? You are quite the mystery."

"I'm handing it fine," Keith pouted, "I was just surprised."

"Whatever you say, Love. Luckily," Lotor said, "The wound only needs three stitches and isn't infected. It probably would have been soon, though, so it's good I discovered them. And... that's the last stitch."

"Thanks, Lotor."

"Of course. Hopefully this next bit won't hurt, but either way, you deserve it."

"Rude. Wait, what is-" Keith's sentence was cut off when Lotor tackled him against the bed and began assaulting him with kisses. "Ack! Lotor!"

"I was so worried about you!" Lotor scolded, positioning himself so Keith was straddled beneath him. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm fine, Lotor," Keith insisted. "But you're jostling my stitches."

Lotor moved so he wasn't touching the stitches, then pressed his lips against Keith's. When he finally ended the kiss a moment later, he gazed into Keith's eyes. "I'm just glad you're alright. I don't know what I'd do without you."