Sparring

Keith was having a bad day. Ever since Shiro had been found, he had been acting differently. Keith knew it was just stress and PTSD, but it was still so unlike him. He was being short with everyone and had even yelled at Lance.

Keith felt lost without Shiro's guidance. He felt like with Shiro acting the way he was, it fell upon Keith to be the perfect, patient leader.

'Maybe I can burn off some steam by training,' Keith thought, 'That always helps my mood.'

"Begin training sequence level six." Keith shouted at the room.

The world around Keith melted into a blur of steel and sweat. He moved without thinking, completely relying on instinct to make sure he didn't lose the fight.

It took longer than usual for Keith to feel relaxed, but he finally began to feel his stress abandon him once he had finished level twelve.

Keith sheathed his sword and used his shirt to wipe the sweat off his face.

"Excellent swordsmanship," Spoke a voice from behind Keith.

Keith turned around to see Lotor leaning against the wall.

"Lotor?" Keith asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I assume I'm here to do the same thing as you. I plan on practicing my sword fighting as well."

Keith frowned. How long had Lotor been watching him? He hadn't been training to impress, just to let off steam. What if he hadn't done well and embarrassed himself?

'I can't have done too badly,' Keith thought, 'I didn't get stabbed or anything.'

"You truly are an extraordinary swordsman."

"Oh, uh, thanks."

"Would you perhaps allow me to test your skills against my own?"

Keith thought about it. It wasn't like he wanted to say no, but he doubted he could win against Lotor. He had been training for a long time. His skills would certainly best Keith's, and before Keith knew it, he'd be pinned beneath Lotor on the ground.

He'd be lying if he said that thought didn't make him feel more excited than angry.

"Sure," Keith said, trying his hardest to appear nonchalant.

Keith pulled out his sword and took a stance. He watched Lotor do the same. He lasted about three minutes in the fight.

Keith's heart raced each time Lotor was on top of him with his sword to his throat. He felt blood rush to his cheeks every time Lotor complimented his form or stance. He half thought Lotor was only complimenting him to make it easier for him to win. His other half wondered if he was only sparring in the first place to make Keith feel flustered.

'Well,' Keith thought, 'If there's anything I've learned from watching Lance's failed  flirting attempts, it's that two can play at that game.'

Before Keith knew it, Lotor's blade was once again pressed against his throat.

"I win."

"Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I just won."

"You do realize that you're pinned beneath me, don't you?" Lotor asked, a look of utter confusion on his face, "That means you've lost."

"I didn't mean the sword fight," Keith replied.

"Than what-"

Keith smacked Lotor's sword out of his hand, sending it flying onto the floor. He grabbed Lotor's collar and pulled him down into a kiss, feeling relieved when Lotor didn't pull away, but kissed back with fervor.

They were both so distracted by the kiss that neither of them noticed Hunk until they heard him. "Hey, are you guys still training? I wanted to get in some- holy quiznack!"

Keith pushed Lotor off of him. "Hunk!"

"I'm sorry!" Hunk yelled, "I didn't know you guys were screwing in the training room! I wouldn't have come in!"

"It was just a kiss!" Keith insisted.

"It wouldn't have been 'just a kiss' for long had you not shown up," Lotor added.

"Not helping!"

"You know what?" Hunk squeaked out, "I'm actually good on training. I'll be back some other time, when you two aren't making out on the floor."

Hunk raced out of the room. Lotor grinned at Keith. "Should we take this to my quarters? We could have another round of.... sparring."

"Hell yeah."