Move for someone else

Holland's POV

I don't get why he's wearing an orange sweater so suddenly. He literally just woke up. He didn't even get out of his bed yet. Was he thinking about me yesterday evening and decided to wear the colour I like the most?

'You shouldn't miss classes,' I tell him, standing in the hallway. I don't get closer to him. I realize he should leave as fast as possible. He won't be here for breakfast.

'That's right. I think I forgot to set my alarm.' He responds in a hurry. He gets up, then changes his clothes right in front of my eyes. Shyly I turn away. It's time to prepare my breakfast.

Downstairs I wait for him to come down. As his landlord I feel responsible for him. It's my fault if he doesn't get there on time. It bothers me more than him. It takes a long time before I hear his footsteps on the stairs.

'Be careful on your way.' I talk to him in a serious tone. Out of nowhere I sound as both his father and mother.

'I will. I won't be home early today, so do not wait for me.' What is he up to? How dare he be gone an entire day! I felt lonely already when he was just upstairs changing his clothes. I adapt too fast to my new way of living. That's how it always goes.

The door closes. Through the window I follow him with my gaze. Why am I so protective over him? Confused I go back to my seat.

My breakfast is rather boring. Next to me, there's an empty seat I don't even want to look at. Why did my mood suddenly change? It's as if Jisoo took my happiness with him today.

I have the feeling there belongs something more in my house. Just one little thing that can make me feel so much better. Since I am not able to live alone anymore, I need a stuffed animal. I get up, cleaning the table. My coat hangs on the chair, waiting for me to leave again. I never left my house more than once every two days. Now I can't resist the feeling that I need to go outside. This time only for a stuffed animal.

On my way it feels as if Jisoo keeps me company. He tells me what he likes about what he sees. The view is even more interesting than yesterday.

In the shop I don't need much time. There's one little bear staring at me, convincing me to take him with me. I think he deserves it. When I want to pick him up, I receive a message. Jisoo arrived at school. Tomorrow I'll make you breakfast.

I pay for the stuffed animal that I give the name 'Tree'. Because of the view. Time to go home now. 

Jisoo's POV

My message is sent, but I feel guilty. I just moved in, why am I interfering in his life already? He needs time to accept me. He needs time to see how good I am to him.

My classes start at 9 am, I have enough time. My friends keep staring at the phone in my hands. Do I look that suspicious? They don't even know I moved out after begging my parents. I would like to talk about my housemate, but now he's more a boss to me and to them. And how do people think of people who speak about a boss as if it's their lover? I should better wait till our relationship changes.

'Are you distracted?' My best friend Minjoon says. He's holding a book in his hands, but for the first time in his life his focus is on me. 

'I'm not. I just want this day to be over, so I can sleep.' I'm lying. I want to go home to be with Taeseob. By the way, I told him I would be home late, but I don't have so many things to do. I lied to him, so I could give him the time to think about me as someone more than a housemate. If he is alone, he can feel how it is to not have someone by his side.

I'm not sure whether he has other friends that wear sweaters in the colour he likes. I'm not sure whether he has friends that love cooking. I'm not sure whether there are friends that get him talking about music. It's a lifestyle he left behind.

'Did you have a hard day yesterday?' He puts his book away. I don't want him to give me his full attention.

'Not really. I'm just tired.' My life is based on lies. My mother even lied to her boyfriend that I am his child, but I'm not sure. She and I have the same personality. So I kind of feel that it isn't right what she said to him. Thanks to her lies, I have a nice father, so I don't blame her.

'Do you want to go out tonight?' And suddenly my mood changes. He can save me from going home too early. If I go home before Taeseob gets to think about me, my plan will be in vain.

'Of course. I want to hear everything about your girlfriend.' I get up. I think I can go to the classroom already. I won't be too early. 

'Jisoo, I don't have a girlfriend.'

'Get it done by tonight.' He stares at me, then stares at his book. Of course he focuses again on his book. The reason why he does that, is because he does understands what's in it. He's never understood me.

During classes I focus completely. I know it's for my future.

After classes I meet Minjoon. He wears other clothes. I guess he wasn't busy this afternoon. I am ready to live my life.