II

This is not how I had expected today to go. I had expected today to be a normal day at school but an emposi just had to wreck everything. Its fangs glare at me as I take my sword out of bracelet form and slash at the monster. The she-devil turns to dust as another comes from behind me. I stab it in the heart as its fangs cut my side. I run out of school and run home. After 5 minutes in a sprint, I get home and the adrenaline starts to wear off. My keys fumble into the key slot as I shake. The door opens after multiple tries and I go inside dripping blood onto the floor. The door slams shut and the stairs creak as my dad runs downstairs.

"What happened?!" He asks me hurridly

"An emposi attack at school. How bad is it?"

"I can see one of your ribs. Text Luke to come with Hippo to get you to camp," I get my phone and text him as I am told and see him call Kayla to tell her and picks up a towel, "Here press this against your side and try to stay awake I'm not losing you." I press the towel to my side and Luke appears on Hippo. Together they get me onto the small hellhound and black spots dance around in my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say and slip into the darkness

_______--------------_______---------------_______

The light blinds me as my eyes flutter open. I look around confused about where I am until it all comes flooding back to me, along with the pain. I feel rough bandages wrapped around my stomach and hear someone walk in and sit down.

"Hey." They say to me

"Kay?"

"Yeah. How ya feeling?"

"Like Hades' armpit."

"You'll be fine soon. Plus El is at camp." She tells me. El, or better known as Rachel March, has been my best friend since we were little. There was a time where I practically lived with her.

"As in El March?"

"The one and only."

"Get me out of here?"

"Fine, but only to our cabin."

"Yes!" I whisper yell to Kay's delight causing him to laugh. I sit up and swing my legs off the bed. I can't wait to get back to my cabin where other people can't see me. I get off of the bed and almost fall over but Kay catches me in time. He put my arm on his shoulders and puts his around my waist

"Soooo," he says awkwardly "Your Dads, Dani, and Lee got here last night. The came to see you for a little bit while you were asleep."

"What about Luke?" I ask curiously if my boyfriend acknowledged me.

"He wouldn't leave your side. Percy and Annabeth had to drag him out of there, literally. He's a good one. Dot let him go."

"Not planning on it."

"Good"

"Thanks," I tell him as we get to the back entrance of the cabin. He opens the door and almost immediately Dani walks over.

"You are such an idiot sometimes you know that," Dani says to me. "I can take her from here." She tells him and takes me over to my bed. I look over and see the plants and macramés hanging on the wall

"I'm going to class," I state and get up using the rails of the bunk to balance.

"Make this easier for yourself and lay down."

"Not happening."

"Yes, it is. You were out for 2 days so I know you aren't even able to get to a class never mind getting through it."

"Ugh," I complain but comply with her anyways "What time is it anyway?"

"3:00 pm so it's useless for you to go to class anyway. Coffee?"

"Please," I tell her and she takes out a Fanta a coffee and bandages. She puts the drinks down.

"This might hurt."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, look at that an update! 

-Elise (666 words)