CHAPTER EIGHT

Ah, Thanksgiving.

The holiday which I seem to have hated over the years due to my broken, unconventional family is back for it's yearly round.

Usually, the holiday is ruined by my fathers incapability to be a good father, therefore meaning I've never had a super massive celebration with my family. This year, however, my Dad is cooking a meal with his girlfriend. Which should be fun, Dad can't cook to save his life.

The only thing I'm thankful for in this very moment is the beautiful baby boy sitting giggling in front of me. I hope he's thankful for me too, although he is still young and doesn't really think like that. But you'd hope so given the time and effort I put into being a freaking mom.

My brother sits down on the couch in front of me, watching me play with Theo on a mat. My 7 month old wriggles around, attempting to grab at objects that are a little out of his reach.

I watch as he squirms to try and get them and he manages to crawl over to grab them. I gasp a little, as does Owen, as we seem him crawl. He hasn't managed to do that before.

"Oh my god!" I smile, still watching him. "Dad, come here!"

"What? What?" Dad shouts, panicking slightly by the way he comes out of the kitchen.

"Dad, don't be stupid! Nothing's wrong," I laugh, still beaming at my child. "Theo just crawled for the first time across the mat."

"Aw, well done, mate," Dad says, walking over to us, bending down nearer to Theo's height.

Dad reaches his hand out placing it in front of Theo's face, obviously looking for a high five. I try not to laugh as I watch Theo confusedly look at Dad's hand not knowing what to do with it.

"Dad, he's seven months old. I don't think he'll be doing high fives yet."

"Trust me, Quinn. When you were that age, I had already taught you how to do the macarena," he says, attempting to keep a straight face.

"Really?" My brother questions, his mouth wide open as he gapes at Dad.

I roll my eyes at Owen's stupidness, before moving my gaze over to Dad, "You are so full of rubbish."

"Believe what you want," Dad says lightly, shrugging his shoulders before sauntering back into the kitchen to carry on making dinner with Veronica.

"You're so stupid," I mutter to Owen before turning back to my baby who is shaking a rattle and smiling at the noises it's making.

"Aren't you clever?!" I smile.

I rub his belly making Theo do the loudest giggle which makes me plaster a wide grin on my face. God, I could sit here and watch him all day.

In this moment, however, my phone starts ringing and my brother passes me the phone, muttering, "Serena."

I answer it, placing the phone to my ear.

"Hey," I say as I stand up off of the floor. Owen gets down onto the floor, concentrating on Theo as I take the call.

"Hey, Q. Happy thanksgiving." she says, although sounding a little unenthusiastic.

"You too. How are you, how's Blair?" I ask, knowing that the Van der Woodsens are going over to the Waldorfs for thanksgiving.

"Ugh, don't even get me started!" she huffs, and I raise my eyebrows, not expecting such a dramatic answer. "Blair and I argued because she admitted to what we saw at her birthday party."