CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I really did not want to go back to school after Spring Break. I had the time of my life only worrying about Theo and taking care of him.

He even had his first birthday at the beginning of the holiday and we had a mini party at our apartment. I mean it was dinosaur themed, it wasn't like anybody got rowdy.

My birthday was a few days before Theo's so we kind of had a joint bash together. I wasn't going to celebrate my seventeenth with any of my friends because the last thing I wanted was for them all to come party at my apartment.

Someone would come across a baby toy or romper and that would definitely not go down well. I could just imagine Blair finding it and bringing it to me between her thumb and index finger to ask me where it's come from.

The thought of going back to Constance makes me feel sick as I think about Jenny. I desperately do not want to go back to school.

"Dad? Do I have to go back?" I whine as I sit down at the breakfast bar. Theo sits in his high chair as I pass him pieces from a cut up banana.

"I don't know why you're so anxious about going back," Dad replies and I stare at him. I haven't told him about the fact Nate could know he's a dad at any point in time from now.

"Don't worry," I sigh, looking over at Theo. "It will all work out at some point."

"What do you mean by that?" Dad asks with a slight chuckle in his voice. "Sorry, you're never usually this cryptic. You're being weird."

I groan, "I'm just stressed and I need to get going soon."

"You can go," Dad offers, picking up Theo out of his high chair. "I'll wait for Jo."

"Thank you so much Dad," I smile and kiss his cheek. I then kiss the top of Theo's head. "Bye sweetie."

I grab my bag off of the side and pull it over my arm before heading to the elevator. I grab my black trench coat off of the coat rack and slide on a pair of black stilettos.

"Bye!" I shout to Dad as I get in the elevator to go to school.

I met Blair and Serena outside of school as I lent against the brick walls by the gates. I saw a few people look at me and exchange glances with their friends and I'm guessing it has something to do with Blair.

I see Blair and Serena walking towards me and I notice Blair's nervous body language. I push myself off the wall, "Hey, guys."

They both reply with a hello as we begin walking up the steps. I notice Nate walk up by the left of me and he glares at Blair as he sees her.

I watch him as he looks away and walks up the steps without a second look at her. That is until a chorus of laughs is let out as someone drops a spoonful of yoghurt down on Blair's head. I gasp as I look up to see Jenny Humphrey with a triumphant smirk on her face.

"Ugh, bitch," I mutter as we scramble up the steps to get Blair away from the crowd. I look back and send Jenny a hurtful glare as she watches us go.

"Come on, let's go get it out of your hair," I mutter to Blair as we escort her to the bathrooms. "God, I can't stand that girl."

Later on as I walk out of school to meet Blair and Serena on the steps at the Met, I notice Jenny and Nate having a conversation. The thought of the two talking makes me feel sick as I know the one thing she could tell him about. I look around seeing none of the other girls are here so I head over to them.