CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

I didn't sleep the entire night after Nate and I argued. I spent the night at Theo's bedside, crying many tears down my face. I only left once I'd got him back to sleep after his usual three o'clock crying session. Then after that, I went to bed, only to lay there in the dark, again, crying.

I just wish it could be different. I wish Nate didn't hate me right now. I wish I'd told him sooner and listened to everyone - Serena, my brother, my mom and dad.

After Nate had left Dad consoled me but I couldn't listen to him as I had the image of Nate glaring at me before leaving my apartment stuck in my head. I don't even feel more relieved like I thought I would once Nate found out. I feel worse, almost regretful of it all.

This morning has been the worst, Theo has constantly cried since he woke up. In my exhaustion, I've cried with him as well, probably not helping him to stop.

My phone keeps going off in the meantime, although I noticed it was Blair, I couldn't answer it with Theo a complete mess. And me, to be fair.

After what feels like the thousandth ring, I become impatient and quickly grab my phone to answer it.

I sniff before I answer it, "Hello?"

"Quinn, god, why aren't you answering your phone?" Blair blurts out quickly.

"I—"

"It doesn't matter," she mutters, cutting me off. She sighs, "Have you spoken to Serena since last night?"

"No, I haven't," I answer after thinking about it, "Why? Is something wrong?"

"She's gone, I'm trying to find her," Blair replies quickly, "Can you come to mine?"

I huff, looking down at my crying baby, "I don't think I can, I have to look after Theo."

"Get someone time look after him, this is urgent."

I sniffle as I consider the options, "Okay, that's fine."

"Wait are you okay? Are you crying?" Blair rushes out, after she listens to the sound of my voice.

I bite my lip, prepared to lie, "Yeh, I'm fine."

"Great, be here as soon as you can."

She cuts the phone off, leaving me speechless. I know that Blair needs me to help with Serena but I can't just leave Theo or take him with me.

I scramble through my contacts list to find my mom's number. I know that Dad has to go to work today and Theo has plans with Johnny that I don't want to affect.

I hit call on her number, placing my phone between my shoulder and ear as I bounce Theo up and down. His cries have lowered to pathetic sniffs now, so he's not too bad.

"Hey, honey," my mom answers.

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Mom, hey. I have a favour to ask."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you look after Theo today?" I ask, "Serena's in trouble and needs help. I can't take Theo with me."

"Yeh, that's fine," Mom says delightfully, before her tone changes, "Is Serena okay though, has something awful happened?"

"I'm not too sure yet, I'll find out when I get to Blair's," I answer. "How soon could you get here?"

"Do you want me to leave now?"

"Yes please," I say with a smile. "Thank you so much, mom."

"See you in a bit, sweetie," she says before hanging up.