CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

I feel a tap on my arm as I watch out of the window at the buildings go past. I look to my right to see Blair looking at me with a worried expression. She lowers her mouth to my ear to whisper, "Did something happen to your cheek? It's red."

I look down for a moment, considering whether to say. I sigh, and whisper back, "Howard Archibald slapped me earlier."

She gasps, "What the hell? Why?"

"I got on his nerves," I answer back quietly. "I told him he was an asshole because he was trying to decide Nate's part in Theo's life when I haven't made Nate do anything."

"Tell Nate, he'll want to know that," Blair tells me, and I shrug, knowing that it's irrelevant now. God, he possibly wouldn't even believe me.

As we pull up outside of our building, I think of a brilliant idea and I turn to Blair, "Do you want to see Theo?"

Her eyes widen and she immediately looks nervous, "I don't know if now's the right time."

I roll my eyes at her, grabbing her arm, "Come on, I'm making you meet him whether you like it or not."

"Okay, uh," she calls out to the driver. "Can you wait out here for us for a little while? We'll be back soon."

As he says yes, I look to Chuck, "Are you coming?"

He smiles and shrugs, "Why not?"

We all get out of the car, crossing the pavement to enter the building. I smile at our doorman before we all walk over to the elevator to ascend the building.

Once inside our apartment, we head straight to Theo's room saying hello to Owen and Johnny on the couch as we walk past.

Once outside, I carefully open the door to enter, hoping to not wake him up in the process. He lays in his cot, curled up on his side with his favourite teddy bear tucked inbetween his head and hands.

Blair gushes as she sees him, "Oh, Quinn, he's beautiful."

"We could make one of those," Chuck says to her, earning him a gentle slap on the shoulder from Blair.

"Chuck, shut up," she whisper shouts although there's a smile playing on her face.

"He looks so much like Nate as a baby," Blair whispers as she stares at Theo. "He literally looks like all of the photographs Anne has showed me."

I smile but it doesn't reach my eyes, "I know."

Owen appears at the door looking panicked for some reason. I look at him with a puzzled expression, "What's wrong?"

"Nate's here," he tells me in a hushed voice, also hoping to not wake Theo up.

My eyes widen, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, he's talking to dad right now," he replies. "Do you want me to kick him out?"

I look at Blair and Chuck who watch me with curiosity. I shake my head at Owen, "No, I'll come out and speak to him."

After smiling back to a reassuring smile from Blair, I follow after Owen as he makes his way back to where Nate is. Chuck and Blair walk behind me, talking about Theo in hushed voices.