CHAPTER TWENTY

F L A S H B A C K
APPROX ONE MONTH SINCE NATE AND QUINN'S NIGHT TOGETHER

On a Monday, I walk into school to see Blair and Nate together in the courtyard sending a nauseating feeling into the bottom of my stomach. Blair sees me first and gives me a small smile. It's a contrast to her eyes, which are narrowed as if she's cautious of me. When Nate sees me his mouth opens slightly as if he's about to call out to me but he decides not to.

I immediately look away from him, the thought of Blair finding out what happened between us drives me crazy. Nate and I made a massive mistake that could never happen again.

The first time I realised this was when the next time we were at school together after what had happened, I walked in to see Nate and Blair kissing and holding hands. Nothing had changed. He lied when he said we'd figure things out, that he loved me instead of Blair, that I was the one he wanted to be with.

I should have known that he was just drunk and horny. The best friend was the one that was there for him to sleep with rather than his girlfriend.

Nate had attempted to talk to me as few times but I hadn't let him. He'd hurt me too much. He used me and took advantage of my feelings.

"Hey, Quinn!" I hear a shout from behind me and it's Serena who's just joined Blair and Nate in the courtyard. She must have spotted me going up the stairs and wondered why I didn't stop.

I look behind, sending Serena a smile before turning around again and carrying on my walk up the stairs. I bet Serena's turned back to them and asked what was wrong with me. Blair's probably said she doesn't know and Nate's probably stayed quiet and shrugged.

I feel sick at the thought of how much has already changed with our mistake. I've lost Nate and I've lost all of my friends. If Blair was to side with anyone if she ever found out about it, I bet it would be Nate. I reckon she would think that I manipulated him into sleeping with me or something similar.

"Watson, you up for something tonight?" Chuck asks me as he sees me as I'm walking past him.

I understand what he means so immediately I shake my head, "No, Chuck, I don't feel well."

"Is it something to do with why you're acting really weird with everyone?" he asks with narrowed eyes.

"No, it's not," I retort. It's a lie because he's completely right. "Now, do me a favour Chuck and piss off."

He raises his eyebrows at me before gesturing for me to move on down the hallway. I take in a deep breath as I think about how sick I do really feel.

I take a right turn into the toilets, heading straight into a cubicle. I shove my bag into the corner before lowering myself over the toilet bowl. Almost immediately I start throwing up, proving that I obviously wasn't well.

I crouch over the toilet for about ten minutes before I decide I'm done and should probably head home. I wash my face in the sink after leaving the cubicle and I grab my phone to call my dad. But after he doesn't answer, I just decide I'll leave.

Walking out of the school, I sigh as I notice that they're all standing down in the courtyard still. Serena, Blair, Nate and now Chuck.

I dash down the stairs, hoping that they might not notice me as I leave but as I get to the gate Chuck sees me and smirks, "Skipping already?"

"Yep," I reply simply, not looking for a conversation.

"Want company?" he adds with a smirk and I roll my eyes. My eyes flicker over to Nate but he's definitely trying his hardest to not even look at me.