Chapter 2 - End of March

Brim pointed to a ridiculous outfit on a mall manikin that she had found. Her friends from school laugh at it and toss insults at the horrible pattern and cut, Brim smiling at her own success to make her friends happy.

They continued on their way after a while when she passed some oddly pale and beautiful people. There are about four of them, all with honey yellow eyes and model-like features. They all stare at the group of Quileute girls carrying shopping bags, but then the blonde female's sickening eyes landed on Brim and she felt an unusual surge of anger bolt through her head. Brim usually was mad when people bothered her but this feeling was stronger than she had ever felt before. She glared at the pale people with the utmost hatred and the little pixie girl almost started backing up when the blonde model-like girl pulled them all away.

"Brim? Brim? Are you ok? Brim, you're shaking!" Her best friend Tiffany asks her. Sabina gives her a bottle of water and leads her over to a bench to cool off, Brim's other friends following. They all know Brim has anger issues and is a hothead so they quickly calmed her down.

A few minutes later, they all headed to the parking lot and decided to go home after getting Starbucks.

***

"I don't know, Collin, it was weird," Brim said as she sat in the living room with him, her legs hanging off the arm of the couch while her brother sat on the floor in a pile of blankets and pillows. She described her rage at the strangers earlier that day to him. Despite often getting on each other's nerves, they had their moments when they confided in each other like they were in a perfect sibling relationship all the time, which was definitely not true. Despite Collin being only a year younger and yet often more mature than Brim, Brim was frequently put on babysitting duty. She was convinced that her parents did it just to bug her.

"You know, the same thing happened to me. I was at school and a kid bumped into me, nothing to really get upset about, and bam! I was almost growling at him, I was so mad," Collin said.

"We're so weird."

"Yeah, and I'm the nice one!"

"Ok, shut up, I'm going to bed." Brim ripped one of the blankets from his pile, the end smacking him in the face a little as she turned and left, heading to her room. Collin just shook his head and scowled at her. Rare sibling bonding moment over.

—————

A/N: Woo! We are learning more  about Brim. What do you think of her name? Comment if you want another chapter. Or if I get over five stars I will give you a new chapter. :)