Chapter 11 - Middle of June

Brim could see it happening, the newborn going after Leah, Jacob attacking it, and then it crushing his ribs.

The only thing Brim could do was cringe and send positive feelings to the rest of the pack since Jacob had shifted out of pain.

The next few minutes are a blur and a whirl of noise. Brim is standing in front of Jacob's house, listening to his cries of pain as the leech doctor rebreaks his bones. Her face is buried in Paul's neck as his face is in her hair, both of them cringing as his screams got louder. Brim couldn't help but let a few tears leak from her eyes as she clung tighter to Paul. He wrapped his arms more firmly around her torso.

The noise eventually stopped and the doctor came out, saying that Jacob needs to rest and heal. Bella went to talk to him, the little bitch. Brim want to kill her but then she knows the protection code where shifters have to protect humans will be broken. She could never do that to her pack.

***

Jacob healed, and luckily nobody else got hurt. Everything went back to normal. Skipping school every few days to do patrol, falling behind on homework and then doing it all on the weekends or before class started, the normal routine. Paul and Brim's relationship became even stronger as time went on, and they kept stay I love you to each other at least once a day.

Because it's true. Brim does love Paul. She is filled to the brim with love for him. And when they are older, way older, she plans on marrying him.

The end

—————

A/N: I know this book is short and very rushed, but I literally wrote it a long time ago all in one day. I tried my best with the time I had and I hope you like it. Comment and vote, please. Thanks for reading!