Chapter 4 - Middle of April

Collin didn't explode explode, with blood and guts everywhere, but a giant mass of fur did appear that triggered Brim's own anger even more. And she also seemed to explode.

A giant fur ball. I'm a giant furball, Collin heard Brim think. Wait, he could hear her think. What? And Leah, the beautiful Leah, still stood in front of him, looking only mildly surprised.

Stop it, Collin, Brim tries to say to him but it just sounds louder in her head and a whine escapes her muzzle. Although she could tell that he understood because a massive wolf head swung toward her and Collin's brown eyes blink at her like he is annoyed.

Soon, the siblings are following Leah to a house that Brim recognizes as Sam Uley and Emily Young's house. Leah tells them how to transform back into their human selves and she gives them clothes, both a little embarrassed to be temporarily naked even if they hid behind trees.

Leah walks right in without knocking and grabs a muffin off the table, leaning against a wall to eat it. Sam and Emily are there and Leah explains what happened.

By the end of the night, Brim's head is spinning as she tries to take in all the information she was just given. Wolves? Shape shifters? The legends? Vampires? Imprints? It's all real. Sam is the alpha and will teach them how to control themselves. They will stay at his house until they have learned. Luckily, Brim and Collin's parents trust Sam and allowed them to stay after a quick phone call was made.

Brim met a few of the pack members, but not all. She doesn't know if she could handle all of them today. She falls asleep on the only guest bedroom bed in the small house as soon as her head hits the pillow. Brim almost wanted to kick Collin out of the bed and make him sleep on the floor but she decided that after what happened today, they both need the comfort of someone familiar near them throughout the night.

—————

A/N: Hey, double update! Sorry it's so late