Chapter 6 - Middle of April

Brim didn't see all off the pack members until the next day when they were all gathered around Emily's dining table for lunch. Brady had arrived earlier and was having fun with Seth and Collin when Paul and Jacob walked through the door. Brim was sitting at the table, playing a card game with Leah and Emily. Paul and Jacob looked looked around for the new pack members and Paul and Brim's eyes locked.

Neither could look away as images of their future together flash through their eyes, and slowly everyone in the house notices. It is silent when Collin growls lowly under his breath, a little bit protective of his older sister. At the sound, Brim's and Paul's gaze broke away from each other and they turned to look at him.

Collin just glares slightly at Paul. Paul looks away and back to his imprint, nervously licking his lips as he made his way to the chair beside Brim. He grabs a cookie and tries to relax into his chair, but he ends up playing and fiddling with the cookie more as he stared at Brim's profile. She refused to look up from her card game and continues playing like nothing had happened.

"Uh, maybe we should talk..." Paul said. He normally wasn't so hesitant but this was his imprint and the only time he has talked to her in the past was when he teased her. He doesn't know how to talk to her normally.

Brim finally looks up at him and nods, leading the way to outside, past the porch and near the woods where the pack shouldn't be able to hear them easily.

They both stand kind of awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Finally, Brim says, "So... you're my imprint..."

"Yeah. And... I actually do like your name, I just liked teasing you," Paul replies. That puts a soft smile on Brim's face.

Soon, their conversation loosens up and they talk a lot, catching up on all the things they never bothered to learn about each other before the imprinting.

When they were done, they walk back to the house, shoulders lightly brushing each other, the sun setting away for the night to awaken.

—————

A/N: Isn't this cute?