Chapter 7 - Middle of May

Giant wolf paws pound into the earth, sounding almost like a stampede as the moving statues, also known as leeches, ran on the other side of the river. The red-headed bitch leapt across to the other side of the treaty line and the Cullens gave chase, make her leap back to the shifter's side. The miniature Hulk leech was so into the chase that he followed after her and Paul knocked him back onto his own side of the river, all of them furious.

The bitch escaped by the time the conflict was resolved.

***

It's been a month since Brim and Paul imprinted on each other, and the imprint bond has helped them become closer to each other. Collin is still protective but he stopped growling at Paul every time he touched Brim after the first week.

It took longer for Brim to be able to control her anger, than Collin. But Brim and Collin have been back at school for a few days and everyone is talking about the newest members to Sam's gang. Brim missed her friends but she knows it is for the best to ignore them and avoid them. She's had them try to talk to her several times but they got the hint after she ignored them every time they approached her. Paul and her weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, neither one of them had asked yet. But they were still the talk of the school because they occasionally held hands. It sent a pleasant tingle through her skin every time they touched.

***

Paul asked Brim out one week after she went back to school. They went to an indoor ice skating rink and slipped and fell on the ice several times together, laughing and getting back up every time.

Later that night, they ate breakfast for dinner at a small diner in La Push. As Paul munched on some eggs and bacon, Brim spoke up.

"Hey, Paul?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Damn it, Brim, I wanted to ask you."

Brim almost squeaked in excitement.

"Yes," Paul said, answering her question.

That might have been the happiest day of Brim's life.

—————

A/N: I wrote this book awhile ago but I'm now rereading it and cringing at some parts but awwing at other parts