Chapter 3 - Beginning to Middle of April

Throughout the beginning of April, Brim continued to have random spasms of anger. The latest one happened when an upperclassman at her school stepped on her shoe and she almost tackled her to the ground. Luckily, Tiffany and Sabina were there to hold her back.

She had heard rumors that Collin punched someone, probably because his friends Seth and Brady haven't been back to school yet and weren't there to stop him. Luckily, Collin didn't get caught or else he could have an after school detention. Brim knows that he hasn't gone to one because she walks to and from school with him every day. She isn't old enough to drive yet, about two more years to go.

There is a "cult" at Brim's school. She knows it's not really a cult and that people are just being dramatic, but the group is also called "Sam's gang", as in Sam Uley. He apparently has several boys taking steroids and getting shoulder tattoos with him and acting like an exclusive group and so they are also called the "hall monitors on steroids." Some of those boys are Jared Cameron, Jacob Black, Embry Call, Quil Ateara, and Paul Lahote. Paul Lahote is also a hothead, like Brim, but she hates him because he made fun of her name several times, whenever she pissed him off. They mutually dislike each other. But that was before he joined Sam's gang and now he seems to have forgotten about her. All of the gang members keep to themselves, really. No outsiders allowed.

Neither of the Littlesea siblings had seen Brady, Seth, or his sister Leah for a while. But here, standing in front of them, is Leah Clearwater. And she has the same tattoo on her shoulder that everyone in Sam's gang has.

It's not much of a secret, but Collin has a little crush on the older woman. So it came as no surprise to Brim when he jogged over to her to flirt with her. Brim trailed lazily behind him and didn't bother listening to their conversation. Only when Leah started sounding angry did she tune back in.

"Get away from me, you little shit," Leah growled at Collin. While Brim got mad at Leah for treating her brother that way (it's the sibling rule, only Brim can call Collin a shit, nobody else), she expected Collin to be hurt and devastated. Instead, he started shaking in anger so violently that it looked like he was going to explode. And then he did.

—————

A/N: How was your day?