1. Forever Family

Blood covered the floor, the walls, and Carter.

He smiled as he took his weapon and began to cut some more of the flesh on the man and women who laid on the ground. A pool of blood began to soak into the kitchen tile. He smiled as he walked around the room, his boots making loud thuds as he did so. He smiled leaning down, Ashers family was gone now. At least the ones in the home. Valery's wrists were tied and tears ran down her face. Carter took the baby in his hand, rocking her up and down carefully.

"When is he getting home?" Carter asked sitting down on the couch as he cooed to the small girl. Valery glared at him, tears flowing down her cheeks. She was petrified, he smiled smirking. "When is Asher getting home Val?" She was sobbing, her breathing was uncontrollable. She was reaching for her baby, but Carter just pushed her chair away from him as he kissed the babies face. "What is her name, when is he getting back Val?"

She just kept shaking her head, "Please..ple..please..."

"Valery, calm down, you are my wife. I am not going to hurt you or our baby, now I am going to ask you again." He cocked his head looking her over, he kissed the small childs face again. Bloody finger prints covered her light purple blanket.

"No.." She cried.

"Val tell me now!" He yelled. The baby woke and began to scream, tears running down her soft face. "Look what you did Valery, you made our daughter cry. Tell me her name, so I can calm her down." Valery looked at her, then to the small girl, she couldn't protect herself. She couldn't run like she and Asher could.

"Avery..Avery Victoria..."

"What a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl." Carter said cooing to the girl. Avery giggled as her tears subsided. He smiled kissing her face again, Valery cried harder as he stood up, kissed Valery, and then watched out the window. "When is he coming home Val?"

"I.. I don't.. I don't know he is at therapy..."

"Therapy? Whats that?" His brows were knitted as he looked her over, he was walking in a semi circle bouncing Avery carefully. She watched him with fear as he walked, she cocked her head, she knew they had little knowledge of the outside world but she suspected he knew at least about therapy. After minutes of silence Carters voice raised slightly. "What is therapy?"

Valery glared. "Its like a doctor, but for mental health. We go talk to them about the things you forced us to do, we try and make our lives better."

"You were safe and protected with me Valery."

"You did horrible things to us! How do you expect me to say I was safe with you!" She screamed, the baby began to cry again and Carter shot her a dark glare. His eyes were nearly black, he watched her in anger as she tried to kick or move but nothing worked. She was trapped, her baby was in the hands of a cannibal, a killer.

He had finally gotten enough of her, he set the baby in her crib and grabbed a needle. Valery began to thrash, he grinned and grabbed her hair in his hand tightly. He kissed her lip and neck then stuck the needle into her temple. She cried, she kept thrashing until her eyelids began to grow heavy and she couldn't fight any longer. Carter smiled, untied her and held Avery in his hands once again.

He cooed and hummed to her as he waited for Asher to walk through the door, another hour went by, he had drugged Valery enough not to worry about the time it took. He was frustrated that he had to wait so long, he growled as he watched the doorknob turned and he smiled, he set the baby back in her crib and waited in a closet. As he walked through the door Asher was hit with an odd smell, he then noticed blood and he ran through the house with panic.

"Valery! Valery!" He shouted, he didn't get a reply. He soon found her, she was sleeping, or unconscious. He checked her over, nothing, no blood, no wounds from what he could find. He soon turned to Avery, he picked her up, bloody finger prints covered her blanket. He had to get them out, he had to save them. Who had done this, who had picked up his child?

He found the trail led into the kitchen, he was starting to panic, he held Avery close to his body. He slowly made his way towards the kitchen, he was shaking, tears rolled down his cheeks. He wasn't even into the kitchen but he knew something was wrong. He was petrified, he didn't want to know where this blood came from, he didn't want to know whos footprints led away from the kitchen. He didn't know if the person was still in the house.

He soon saw the pool of blood, flashbacks of the cannibals home began to fill him. He was terrified, absolutely terrified. His mother and father were dead. He dropped to the ground, he turned them over to find the stab wounds. He screamed and pulled Avery closer to him, blood covered his knees and hand. He kissed Avery a few times and quickly ran back to Valery. He placed Avery into her carrier, picked Valery up and then the carrier.

As he began to head back to the door he heard a noise, he turned quickly only to find someone watching him from the closet. He didn't want to find out who it was, he tried to open the door but he couldn't get it open. "Come on fuck..come on!" He pulled on the door handle but it wasn't opening. "Son of a bitch." He cried, more and more tears rolled down his eyes.

He kicked the door and adjusted Valery in his grasp. That person was watching him from the closet, mocking him. Deep laughter bellowed through the house, it had to be the person in the closet. He set Valery on the ground carefully put Avery's carrier beside her mother and he began to kick the door. He grabbed a knife he kept hidden behind the couch, he had many hidden throughout the house. Different weapons, different types of defense.

The phone, he had forgotten about the phone.

He pulled out his phone and began to type in 911 when the closet began to open. Carter stepped out, he looked older, angrier. "Put the phone done Asher."

He was covered in blood, his parents blood. He had touched his girlfriend, he had touched his daughter. Panic, anger, and fear began to swell within him. He was petrified, he couldn't think straight, the amount of time he had spent forgetting about this monster was hitting him all at once.

"Please leave... please..."

"Leave? Oh Asher, you really are broken aren't you?" Carter asked as he began to walk closer. Asher shook in fear, he fumbled with the phone, he couldn't even unlock the phone let alone call 911. He held the knife up, his hands were shaking, he was standing in front of Valery and Avery. He was going to protect them. "Put the fucking phone down Asher."Asher shook his head and held the knife up. "Asher listen to what I have to say!"

He kept crying but he wanted to protect them the best he could. He was shaking, Carter pulled something out of his back pocket he had never expected.

A gun.

"Drop the knife and the phone or I will shoot Avery, I can always make another baby." He growled, it was a false threat but Asher believed every word. He cried and dropped them both. He dropped to his knees. "Please, please don't hurt them." He wrapped his body over the carrier trying to keep her safe.

Carter smiled and squatted down grabbing Ashers hair in his fist, he licked from his chin to his forehead, Asher shook in his place. He was terrified of him, everything about him made him sick.

"Good boy, now carry my baby out to the car, I have Valery."

Asher didn't move, but when the gun was cocked he quickly stood up. They had gotten out once, they could get out again. He cried as Carter cuffed his ankles and hands together. Valery was placed in the seat beside Carter, he smiled. He finally had his family back.