-Chapter 3-

It was a windy night.

Jin was stomping his feet, brushing his gloved palms together creating friction to heat himself up. His eyes wandering in the darkness while taking a glimpse of his handphone screen to check on the time every now and then. He wasn't sure on how this meeting will end, but one thing he's pretty sure of is that this meeting is going to be super awkward.

"11:30pm" he cursed under his breathe, half regretting that he agreed to meet at this time. Moving both his hands into his side pocket, his right hand touched the cylindrical metal tube. He took the item out just to take one last look at it before a pair of strong arms circled his slender waist.

"Jesus!" Jin jumped out in shocked and accidentally dropping the metal off his grasp, resulting a cling sound as the item touches the concrete ground. The impact caused it to broke into pieces.

"Jinnie...? Jin...?"

Jin heard a familiar voice as he slowly open his eyes. He squinted as the sun ray hits his face. Rubbing his eyes, he saw his appa staring back at him with a concern look.

"Jin? Are you sick? You're sweating." Jaejoong gently place his palm on his son's forehead.

"What time is it, appa?" Jin slowly got up and faced the nightstand to check on his alarm clock. "oh shit...I'm late!" He literally jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. It's his first day of work, and he's late.

After a few spoons of cereals that Jaejoong prepared, Jin said his goodbye to his appa before storming off the apartment. He managed to hail a cab. He can't afford to spend more time waiting for the bus or taking the subs. 

Once inside the cab, he fished out his handphone just to see fifteen missed calls from Taehyung. He decided not to call the latter back since it's only ten minutes drive away from where he stayed. Best to explain in person he thought. 

He tried to keep his mind positive for his first day, even though it doesn't seems like it. From the nightmare that he had earlier and being late. It reminded him of a certain item. He dug out the pen and was relieved that it was still there, in his bag and in tact. Sighing in relieve, he brought up his other hand that's been holding his handphone for quite a while, scrolling down his phone book to find a particular name. He's one button away from dialling. 

'I got no time for this. I'll do it later.. yeah...later.' he assured himself. 

The cab stopped right in front of a tall and majestic looking building. Jin rushed towards the lobby just to be greeted by an impatient looking Taehyung.

"Tae. I'm so sorry." Jin pleaded to his friend with a guilty face.

Taehyung wasn't angry, in fact, he pulled Jin into a. hug, which caught the latter by surprise. "It's ok Jin. I thought you changed your mind.." letting go of the hug, Taehyung held both Jin's wide-shoulder, looking at Jin's shocked face while putting on his signature boxy smile. "I'm relieved..and happy that we're gonna be working together."

Jin felt like being stared and by the employees passing by the lobby. 

"..is that Mr. his boyfriend..?"

"..wow, I never knew that he is into guys.."

"..no way, he looks too shabby for Mr..."

Taehyung was aware of Jin's uncomfortable expression, he quickly pulled Jin's hand and went up the elevator. "Don't mind them." Taehyung added, and Jin simply nodded, smiling back at his friend.

The elevator stopped at 49th floor. Jin can't hide his excitement as he left his mouth hanged, looking around at the office decor. It was dominated in shocking pink color, which is one of Jin's favorite color. Pretty much like what a start up company would look like.

"Wow Tae..this is amazing. I thought offices are suppose to be boring." Jin commented as his eyes followed an employee walked pass with cute slippers and plush toy on her hand. She then turned to face Taehyung and made a ninety degree bow, which the latter responded back with an equal bow. "So Tae, you mentioned that I will have to meet Mr.Kim before signing the work agreement?"

"Yeah, follow me." Taehyung gestured for Jin to follow him through the access card-secured door. 

Still admiring the decor and how the employees there are laid back. He noticed that some desks are heavily decorated, which he assumed, to the desk owner's liking. Jin blindly followed Tae towards the far-end corner of the open-spaced concept office. He failed to notice that most of the employees who are aware of Taehyung's present quickly stood up to greet the latter.

Taehyung flung the door open without knocking, letting Jin enter the CEO room before he closed the door. "Have a seat." Taehyung escorted Jin to the two-seater navy couch that blends well with the navy-pink themed room. 

Jin fidgeted as this is going to be his first ever job interview, moreover he's having it with the owner directly. He watched in confusion as to why Taehyung casually sat on the leather chair behind the desk that is what he believed, supposed to be the CEO's chair. Is he even allowed to that. 

Taehyung took out what it seems to be like a business card and walked towards the couch where Jin was seated. The former took a seat across Jin passed the business card to him.  

'Kim Taehyung, Founder & CEO, V Enterprise'

Upon reading it, Jin covered his mouth in shock. 

"Welcome to V Enterprise, Kim Seokjin." Taehyung broke the silence, his hands reached out for a handshake. "Looking forward to working with you." he added, while winking at his still-in-shock friend.

Jin glared back at Taehyung as his hands playfully smacked his friend, now boss's hands. "Ya! How could you fooled me!"

---

"That's all for today. I'll be expecting the complete financial report of our fintech business unit by next week. Thanks everyone." Yunho wrapped up the meeting with his key leaders which occurs weekly in his private office's meeting table. The attendees thanked their boss and exited his room one by one. 

Jungkook was about to join the others when his uncle summoned him. "Kook, can I have a word with you?" The younger nodded and took a seat on where he originally sat during the previous meeting.

"I'm interested in v-zit.com. Any comments?" Yunho asked.

"Taehyung's?" 

Yunho nodded in reply.

Jungkook knew that the older was just asking for the sake of asking, since it's regarding his nephew's best friend back in the US during his formal schooling years. He doesn't really need a noob's opinion in terms of business perspective as his uncle is a top-notch businessman that have successfully grew a bunch of micro-enterprise by investing and acquired businesses, creating more business units under Jung Corp.

"Which phase are we on now with them?"

Yunho took out his handphone, draft an email, while answering the younger's question. "V Enterprise is actively looking for investments. We have not engaged yet. Because I'm leaving it to you to lead this project. Best if we can make Taehyung to agree for acquisition. I just sent you an email containing V Enterprise's files for you to study on."

Jungkook nodded, he walked out of his uncle's office, he dug out his handphone from his pocket, staring at the gadget's notification bar, as if he's expecting a call or text from someone, but none appeared. He then dialled a number from his phonebook. 

"Hey, Tae. I'm back. Let's meet over a glass of beer."

*******

Author's Note:

Please don't try to visit the website or the address coz it's obviously made by me. LOL