-Chapter 12-

A soft knock on the door, Taehyung was expecting. It was really hard for him to face Jin after what had happened. Deep at the back of his mind, he does admit that what he did to Jin was unfair. Silently accusing him of cheating when he was not Taehyung's to begin with. But then again, Taehyung is just a normal human being. Everything that had happened the past few weeks was not like what he had imagined. He hated the current situation he's currently in. 

He hated the acquisition.

He hated the Rotary Club.

He hated his dad.

He hated Jin.

He hated himself.

"Tae, I have made changes. Do you want to take a quick look?" Jin spoke softly like how he used to be, as if nothing had happened. The only difference is that his face does not show any emotion. The face that can only be seen on employees that are forced to suppressed their anger towards their ridiculous manager type of face.

"Yes." Taehyung answered shortly.

Jin certainly didn't took his time to prep the presentation and have it connected to the Smart TV.   Taehyung's eyes did not move from the person sitting beside him. They were in the eight slides, Jin was explaining the reason behind the changes in the numbers when Taehyung cut him. "I like you Jin."

Jin turned his attention towards Taehyung, looking back at him questionably. "What?" Jin's tone doesn't come out as friendly as he planned. It was almost nine and it's Friday. He will be lying if he's not pissed off at his boss now. 

"I'm sorry, Jin." Taehyung replied, his eyes was not wavered. "I'm sorry for how I treated you the other night. It was uncalled for."

Jin's gaze soften. He knew he can't stay mad at his best friend for long, Taehyung has been nothing but kind throughout the years of their friendship. Jin thought that this might be right time to get the old Taehyung back. He took Taehyung's hand and squeezing it tightly. "It's okay Tae. It's not the best weeks for you I can see. We'll be fine. Vzit is going to be alright. Don't worry about your dad. You can prove to him that you can succeed without his help. Let Jungkook and Yunho-ssi be your ultimate weapon to defeat the final boss." Jin ended with a sheepish smile.

Taehyung placed his other hand on top of Jin's. "Thank you Jin. And you sounded just like Jimin and his games."

"Speaking of games, it's been a while since all three of us hangout and chill. We should do once our company is all set and succeeded our next campaign project."

Taehyung nodded to the idea. His cheeks widen, forming a signature boxy smile, and Jin swore his heart stopped a beat for a moment at the sight. It's been a while since he last seen Taehyung like that. 

They continued finishing the fifteen pages of slides before both Taehyung and Jin exited the building. Since it's late and Taehyung insisted on driving Jin back home as a form of apology, Jin cannot reject the offer. Both spent the twenty minutes drive by joking and reminiscing on their uni years. Their laughs died down once the car came to a complete stop in front of Jin's apartment lobby. 

"Thanks for the ride Tae." Jin smiled at Taehyung. It was dark in the car, but Taehyung could definitely imagine what Jin's sweet smile looks like. 

"Jin, I have an event tomorrow evening. Would you like to accompany me?"

Jin's expression turned apologetic. Taehyung knew what's about to come next.

"I'm sorry Tae. I have made appointment tomorrow evening. Try Jimin perhaps?"

"Is it your boyfriend?" Taehyung didn't know how he could blurt out like that.

Jin raised an eyebrow, puzzled. "No. I don't have a boyfriend. What are you talking about?"