-Chapter 4-

"Yeah sure. Let's catch up. Yoongi's bar. I'll text him. See you later JK."

Taehyung disconnected the phone and resumed working. He was staring at his second monitor, connected to his laptop. Sighing, he took off his glasses to massage the bridge of his nose. He's not liking the numbers on his financial report. He knew he needed to raise fund and that he can't completely rely on his father's. The older would've lectured him with countless of 'I told you's on how risky an e-commerce business will be, and the older would start pestering him on continuing the family business.

A knock on the door disrupted his thoughts. "Come in."

"Tae." Jin walked in with his bag, since it's 6.30pm and he's about to clock out. "I've sent you our Q4 financial reports. We really need to make some changes to sustain the business."

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, I read it." He shut his laptop and quickly grab his bag, walking towards where Jin was standing. "Let's go get a drink. I'll be meeting my best friend from the US. The more the merrier."

"I'm sorry Tae, but I can't. I promised my appa to have dinner with him. We're celebrating my first day working." Jin reasoned with an apologetic look.

Taehyung patted the raven's back. "No worries, Jin. Do you want me to drive you home?" The raven shook his head and waved goodbye.

'Jin..so close, yet so far.'

Taehyung's mind replayed the scene to when he first confessed to the raven. It was back in his university years.

=FLASHBACK=

Since he spent his early age in the US, and zero to none ability to speak in Korean, which made him harder to make new friends in the unfamiliar environment he was in. Both Jin and Jimin were the only ones who actually wanted to befriend with him. The language barrier was never a problem for the two locals as they learned it through video games. Taehyung spent his weekends studying Korean with Jin and Jimin, they were nothing but patient towards him.

It was that one time, after his swimming practice, in the campus ground, when Taehyung was being called an ugly nerd and was physically bullied pretty bad by the seniors. Not that's he's ugly, just that he is not interested in dating one of the senior's sister. He rejected her and she went straight to her brother fabricating stories that made her brother mad.

"Ya! What are you doing to my friend!" Taehyung heard a familiar voice from underwater as his head was being drowned by one of the seniors.

"Let me go! Don't touch me!" It was Jin.

"Hey sweetie, you better not mess around with us." said one of the senior, which he assumed came from the girl's brother.

He heard commotions, struggling hard from the seniors grip on his hair. With one strong movement, he threw the bigger guy into the pool. He quickly stood up and grab the guy who tried to molest Jin. He threw hard punches at his seniors before dragging Jin out of the pool area.

They ran and ran until they reached the parking lot. It was chilly and windy, to the point that Taehyung was shivering. He fished out his car keys and both male entered his fairly new Honda Accord. Jin was quick to turn on the heater, as he also took off his jacket to cover Taehyung's wet hair, which earned a thank you from the latter.

"Gosh Tae, you're so cold." Jin panicked as his hands accidentally came in contact his Taehyung's cheek while brushing the latter's wet hair with his jacket. "Sorry." he muttered.

Taehyung's eyes was fixated to the person in front of him. His hands was being controlled by his unconscious mind when it decided to grab Jin's hand, slowly pulling it down and place it on one side of his face. Warmth radiated through his cheeks upon the contact. Ever so slowly, Taehyung decreased the gap between their faces.