02 || i volunteer!

"George-Michael!" Michael greeted his son, giving him a reason to step away from GOB's awkward phone call. "Hey!"

"Oh, hey, Dad," George-Michael replied. "I thought you weren't coming. I sorta had the impression the other day at the whole wall event that you were leaving."

"I was bringing you with," Michael replied, "and you had second thoughts, so then I had second thoughts, and then Mother told me Buster actually did kill Lucille Two and it was just..." He sighed. "...extra confirmation that I should try and stick around."

Lucille Austero (otherwise referred to as Lucille Two due to her sharing Lucille Bluth's first name) had owned the Bluth's family company. After taking Buster under her wing when he had a falling out with his mother, Lucille One, Buster had become attached to her, resulting in a few affairs and a strange eventual realization that she was just a replacement for a mother figure and he really probably shouldn't have been sleeping with her. So he became detached from her again, becoming more and more manic as the role of a mother became less and less prominent in his life.

And then he pushed Lucille Austero down some stairs.

"Yeah, well, I've always kinda felt the need to stick around here," George-Michael replied. "I mean, we kinda owe it to everyone to represent some sanity in the bloodline and keep them from digging themselves deeper into the hole of doomed ignorance than they already have."

Michael didn't know how to respond.

"Oh, there's pizza, if you're starving," George-Michael announced. "You'll have to step over all the broken shards of ceramic, though. Also it's cold and... the cheese tastes like plastic."

"You know, I actually had lunch already, um," Michael said, staring unfavorably at the food, "yesterday. I had lunch yesterday and I think that's all the lunch I'll be needing."

"No, yeah, I understand," George-Michael agreed. "I ate some of it but the crust was so rock-hard that my knife couldn't cut through any more than a centimeter. I think Lindsay made it."

"Is someone talking about my pizza?" Lindsay Bluth, Michael's sister-aunt... thing, asked as she walked overconfidently into the room.

"Yeah," George-Michael said, honesty unhelpfully being his immediate gut reaction to everything. "How did you, uh... How'd you make it?"

"Oh," Lindsay shrugged, giving a coy smile and explaining, "I bought it frozen from a gas station and I put it in the oven."

George-Michael paused.

"Did you take off the plastic wrap?"

Lindsay smiled. "The what?"

"See, that explains it," George-Michael nodded, and Michael closed his eyes in a fashion that screamed "Of course," without him even needing to say it aloud.

"Well, I thought it tasted good," Lindsay replied. She'd actually never had pizza before until that day, which was definitely the reason she thought that.

"Hold on, Tony, gimme a sec," GOB muttered into his phone before turning to them and calling, "You're so full of plastic that you're too used to the taste to notice!" while laughing proudly at himself and bringing the phone back up to his ear.