06 || authenticity

George Senior had planned an agenda, and it was as follows:

1. Spend more time with the family to impress Lucille

2. Spend more time with important work to impress Lucille

3. Spend more time with the upper-class to impress Lucille

4. Spend more time with Lucille to impress Lucille

Now that he was on his own in the beach house, he felt lonely. No women ever showed any interest in him, even near midnight at bars, and all the sane people would run once he revealed he'd gone to jail so many times. So his plan was to get his ex-wife back. He had known earlier when signing the divorce papers that he had made a huge mistake, and the long-term effects were really starting to catch up with him.

This plan was going to start to come to fruition about yesterday, but once he got the call from Lucille talking about how she thought she was in trouble, George Senior did the smart thing and decided to just skip to step four and pretend to help her hide all her evidence while really just trying to win her over.

So here he was, in all essence, in the middle of Lucille's apartment, looking for two boxes that said "Annyong" on the side.

"Why on Earth would anyone else take his boxes?" he asked after admitting to himself that he, too, couldn't find them. Lucille paced back and forth, pursing her lips and staring out the window in thought.

"The bigger question," she replied, "is who would?"

The truth was that nobody really cared about Annyong (at least not enough to take all his information and hide it away like this), so the fact that the only personal family belongings in this room were George-Michael's was shady, to say the least.

"What if George-Michael knows where it is?" George Senior suggested. "Since he used to keep his things back at the house, what if he switched them out for some reason?"

Lucille set her jaw in thought. "What if he's turning out to be like Michael now that he's really left?"

"How would switching out boxes make him like Michael?" George Senior asked. Lucille swallowed a rather large sip of alcohol as she contemplated her reply.

"He could be hiding all the incriminating information in that box," she conspired, "because he wants to use it against me later." She sighed and sat on her chair by the window, pursing her lips and look if regretfully at her boring beige wallpaper.

"Oh, George," she tsked, "why the hell did we raise three out of our four children to have a basic sense of morals?"

"Well, technically, Lindsay isn't our child," George Senior interjected, and Lucille rephrased her statement.

"Why was it that we raised all our children to have a basic sense of morals?"

Actually, they had really done the opposite. Due to the psychological manipulation the four children had grown up with, they'd all turned out to be somewhat resentful of their parents. Michael took the hardest blow but in the best way, putting morals first on all occasions but, on the downside, always wanting to be the hero. Buster took a blow in the worst way, becoming emotionally and mentally delayed, probably due to trauma and neglect. And GOB took a few hard blows after childhood had left him, too, one being his lack of respect for women, Franklin and elderly people, and the other being from Tony Wonder himself.