Chapter 4: A Bleeding Heart

Since Bryce has been a good enough friend, in fact my only friend so far, I decided to sit beside him at lunch, "Didn't think you'd come."

"I wasn't going to sit alone," not again, not anymore. Fresh start remember? "Plus you're not terrible," I grinned to myself.

Before he could respond two guys joined us, the short blonde gave me a light wink, "I'm Vince," he smiled tilting his head slightly as he studied me, "You're Blair?"

"Correct."

"This is my friend Jonathan," he said cocking his head towards his friend beside him, his dark curly hair brushed in waves, his dark skin drinking in the morning sun.

"Hey," Jonathan smiled nervously, he seemed sweet a bit shy unlike his friend Vince.

"Where's Sharon, Amber and Bridget?" Vince asked Bryce as he devoured his pizza, his friend doing the same.

"They're always late, even to lunch," Bryce said as be poked around his salad, he seemed a bit irritated. "Blair here is going to her first Nevada party tonight."

"About that, I don't even know if my aunt will let me," I said.

He frowned, "I brought it up to her last night, she thought it would be fun for you," he shrugged forcing a carrot down his throat.

There wasn't going to be a way out of this, "I'll just meet you there then," I said trying not to look too disappointed. If Valarie were here she would slap me into my senses, parties are fun we loved parties, dancing, meeting guys. But now it just all seemed useless, unnecessary.

"What's your number?"

"Excuse me?"

Bryce tolled his eyes, "SoI can send you the address?"

I took a deep breath, "Oh right of course," I said taking his phone and punching in my number.

"Great," how could one guys smile enlighten an entire room? His eyes shined brighter, even when he didn't have that charming smile plastered on his face. He was beautiful, can you call guys that? There's no other way I could describe him, he was effortlessly the most beautiful guy I've ever seen. I could see why Valarie was swooning over Bryce, he was most definitely swoon worthy. When he spoke to me, his dark eyes never left mine, it was frankly easy to talk to him, easy to get lost in those soft eyes.

Bryces friends were more or less complete morons, I was actually relived to see Sharon, until she started weeping like a lost child. "What happened Sharon?" Bryce asked as she buried her head in her arms.

Sharon lifted her head slightly, tears streaming down her Carmel skin. "That backstabbing bitch Bridget is running for homecoming Queen! I woke up in the most astonishing mood, to find her name on the damn ballot! I mean it's not like she'd win or anything but how could she! Does loyalty mean absolutely nothing in this day and age!" She sobbed even harder, her small body shaking with every hiccup. It was obvious she was one for theatrics.

I gave Bryce a a weird face, he only shook his head, pressing his lips together so he wouldn't laugh. "That's absolutely terrible," Bryce told her.

The boys made themselves scarce roaming over to the tables next to us, I would've done the same but Sharon grabbed my arm. "I'm so glad you are here Blair," she said laying her head on my shoulder. "If it weren't for you and Amber I'd be gone for, I don't need Bridget never did." Oh great we're officially friends, and I have no choice in it now. Valarie would be proud.

"Are you sure you aren't overreacting?" Bryce asked as he pushed away his barely eaten salad.

Sharons head jilted up, her eyes narrowing on Bryce as if he was a moron. "Oh I'm sure, she even had the nerve to tell me no one even liked me! Can you believe that?"