Chapter 24: Choose your poision

I didnt realize I fell asleep but when I opened my eyes and met the stars I decided to stay there,  admiring the night sky. I reached out my hand and imagined plucking the brightest star in the sky, could you imagine? I could daydream out here all night about holding stars and sleeping on clouds, it's easy to imagine the unimaginable. But when it actually happens it's unthinkable.

   I wasnt cold, though I probably should be. He didnt come. Did he even hear me? Was my voice strong enough? These were questions I couldn't answer because he didnt teach me. My cheeks felt hot as I felt the wave of betrayal, he didnt care if I lived of died because he lost the woman he loved. He was most likely reluctant to even bring me back, looking at me was just a  reminder of what he lost. Whoever this girl was died from a demon, and he put me in the same position. One would think he wanted us to fail.

   I didnt know what to think, or do for that matter. How do I search for a demon that plays tricks on your mind? I was no match for that thing, especially if Bryce couldn't defeat it either. "I thought I heard a little bird."

   I picked my head up and almost howled with excitement, I could have cried but I wouldn't. "You heard me," I breathed scrambling up. There was something different about Grim, his skin more pale his eyes slightly red. "Are you okay?"

   "I dont know how you did it, calling me doesn't only take energy from you but mainly me," thats why I fell asleep...

   "You left me," this time I couldn't stop the tears and rage that consumed me. If he had just stayed and helped us Bryce would be here.

   "What happened Blair?"

   "The demon took over Bryce."

   "What?" he took in a sharp breath.

   "The demon was able to trick us, you forgot to mention they could manipulate my mind. That demon took Bryces body, if it wasnt for Amber I'd be dead as well and now everyone I love is in danger because of you."

   His eyes hardened and his fists bawled up, his grey eyes wide and his brows furrowed. "The dead can only manipulate you with lies, Bryce knows the difference between whats real and what isn't."

   "I didnt," I argued. "How was I supposed to know? If you dont help me get Bryce back I will cut out my own throat and good luck trying to gain control then," I spat.

   "Calm down," he chastened me. "I have every intention on getting Bryce back. Believe it or not I don't want to see him go like this."

   "What would happen to him? He's already dead."Technically.

   "The longer the demon is in Bryces body the easier it will be to push him out completely, I brought him back and I contain his soul but that doesnt make him invinsible. Without Bryces spirit, he is gone entirely even I wouldn't be able to save him from that fate."

    "What fate?" I gulped.

   "Emptiness, we wont find out," he said. "I had no choice but to leave Blair, maybe I made a mistake but its one I will fix with your help."

   "Ill do anything," for once I wasnt scared and I didnt let myself linger on any doubts or concerns, we needed to save Bryce. There was still something I needed to know, "Why did you leave? Why couldnt you stay and help me? I wasn't ready and you knew it."

   "I wont always be here," that didnt make sense but he didnt let me interrupt. "Is it that hard for you to just listen? No one in this world is immortal, I need you to be able to protect yourself at all costs and you did-"

   "I almost died!" Again.

   "I cant teach you how to be a Banshee Blair that is who you are and until you realize that you'll never have true power."