Chapter 15: The Fool

"We Need to get everyone out incase he doesn't find the bomb." I didn't even have time to think, why, why here? Who would do this?

"How?" Cullen panicked. I took a deep breath and took my matches from my hand, striking one my eyes set on the hay barn a few feet in front of us, and threw it.

"FIRE," I screamed out as loud as I could, it was enough for people to start running around in a frenzy, making others who didn't hear or see do the same."I cant move."

"I know, you wont be able to till death is missed or claimed," he explained. "I know you're confused why he can see me and I promise I'll explain everything but-"

And there it was, my throat opened up and I couldn't stop the metallic hum that swallowed me whole, a dark magical song with no words but a purpose. Cullen watched me, his body still as night, his eyes a mix of terror and awe.

Someone was dying, and I was singing for them. Tears stung in my eyes, heat from the spreading fire licking at my skin. Cullen sank to his knees, I realized he wasn't able to do anything but watch me sing, watch the fire spread and people run, he had no power. "I need to find Bryce," he ran off. Tears spilled down my face, my spirit hovering over my body, I had no control, no way out. My vision hazy and my throat raw, I kept singing, kept on crying for the pain, the loss, then bliss.

"Ah, little bird Ive found you once again, Ive got you," a man dressed in all black scooped me up in his arms. I couldn't make out his face, "Sleep now you've done your job," his voice was foreign and deep but tender all in one, lulling me into a deep sleep, the song in my body clipped...

...................................................................................................................

When I woke I knew exactly where I was, Mackay Mansion, how do I always end up here? I tired getting up but every bone in my body felt tender, exposed. I touched my throat feeling dried blood, and the scabs starting to form. Not only did I sing my throat raw, I attacked myself. My lips were dry, I couldn't even call out, was my voice lost completely? Panic shot through me, enough of it to get my adrenaline running to sit up. I was once again in the foyer, a small fire still alive in the fire pit.

"I thought we'd have a chat before your friends find out you are alive," a foreign voice came from the dark, I could see him clearly now, and it was like I knew as I meet his cold green embers... I fell out of the couch, trying to make a run for it but I made a lousy effort. My legs betrayed me, I cried out in pain as I slid to the ground. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You're the Grim I find that unlikely," I grimaced taking in deep breaths my voice finally breaking through, I put as much distance between us as I could. He was younger then I'd expected, his tan skin was lively and golden. I guess I expected an old Skelton man, I dont know... "You're here to take me?"

"I'm not taking you anywhere, at least not yet," he grinned as he fixed himself a drink. "I'm sorry usually things go differently, I should have never left you but you asked me to."

"I'm sorry what?"

"Oh right, you also asked me to whipe your memory of me, we made a deal you get a year of peace with Valarie and then after you are all mine."

"Why would I ask that?" I wasn't one to run from my problem or want to forget them.

"I'm not sure," he said honestly. "But then you ended up here, a notorious ghost waste what are the odds? Turns out we both have a mutual friend, Cullen. His request was rather interesting, he wants me to save your Aunt and lively cousin Heavenly from paying the price of your song. And I have to do as he says this one time I am in his debt and a man of my word. I just want to know why Cullen would throw his only chance out of peace out the window?" He watched me carefully, a strand of wavy ash black hair hung over his forehead.