Chapter 1) Stupid Pen

"Wait wait, you guys can't just kick me out! I'm your fucking son. I've done nothing wrong to get this treatment especially from you guys"

"Listen once you've come to your senses you may come back but until then you need this reality check"

I stormed off with tears in my eyes. I hated crying because it was annoying, but I couldn't help it. As I was stumbling around the neighborhood so many memories of my childhood came back. It only made things worse. I wanted to scream so bad, but I only kicked the air and tripped a few times. I'm so tired.

Later that Day

I have been walking down this same street for an hour. I don't know what to do or where to go. I'm so lost. I only have a couple hundred dollars that I've saved up from allowance money.

"They really kicked me out on my 18th birthday" I thought aloud

At least I had my sketchbook and Journal with me, I don't know what I'd do without them. Alas alone with my thoughts on a sidewalk bench. I begin to sketch something with my trusty pen, but all things must come to an end. It ran out of ink..

"Really?? Of all the times RIGHT NOW IS WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OUT? FUCK"

"I've never seen someone be so angry at an inanimate object" says someone with a smug tone.

It kinda freaked me out because I thought no one was around this late. I mean who in their right mind would be out this late.. of course other than me.

I turned around cautiously, scared to see of what's to come.
"Were you talking to me?" I said still unable to distinguish a face in the shadows

"No I was talking to the light post actually, yes I was talking to you, idiot. We're the only people out right now.

Who do they think they are calling me an idiot?? I guess today is my lucky day huh. On my fucking birthday.

"Listen I don't know who you are but I am not dealing with it. You really have no right to call me an idiot" There was a silence that felt uncomfortably loud.

"Listen man, I didn't mean to upset you. I was just trying to start a conversation. I'm sorry, I really am"

"You're really going to apologize without showing your face? Pussy move but I suppose I'll let it slide"

I looked back at my sketch book. There it was, an incomplete sketch. It made me cringe. I was filled with rage, so I threw my useless pen across the street.

"Don't take your anger out on nature" said the same voice

"Why're you still talking to me, can't you take a hint?"

I heard them scoff. They ran across the street to pick up the pen. That's kinda dumb of them, it doesn't even work, but whatever. Now that I had nothing to do I was just staring at the ground. I felt tears forming. UGH THIS IS STUPID. I wiped them off angrily. I heard footsteps approach me. There was a hand in my face that held a pen.

"It doesn't work, it's trash. There was no point in picking it up" I said, still looking at the ground

"I threw your pen away, you can have mine. And can you PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING?? It's so annoying I'm just trying to help"

I grabbed it quick. I hadn't even glanced up once, yet they still stayed put in front of me. What did they want. I'm so tired and cold, I just want to sleep.

"What's your deal dude, I'm just trying to be nice and you won't even say thank you to me"

They walked away FINALLY. I heard a vehicle approaching. I didn't know the public bus operated this late. They got on it, and I finally looked up as the bus was leaving. I was surprised, it was a girl? She had a super raspy voice which I guess could easily be confused with a teenage boy going through puberty. She's actually kinda cute, but I'm not forgetting that she called me an idiot. It was so uncalled for.

I could feel my eyes growing heavier with every second. Was I really about to fall asleep on this bench on a cold night?? You bet I was. I was so tired that I didn't even pay attention to how cold and hard this stone bench was. I drifted off without a thought in my mind.