Chapter 2) *click click*

"Dude wake up" I hear hazily.

It's repeated once again, almost like an alarm clock. I open my eyes everything is still blurry. I try sitting up but my back hurts so much so I just struggle. I'm finally able to sit up. I begin to rub my eyes when I realized someone was still talking to me, shouting at me"

"Oh thank you GOD! YOU'RE ALIVE"

I recognized that voice. I rubbed my eyes even more and looked around confused trying to find where the voice came from.

"oh shit" I gasped.

She was sitting next to me and it had spooked me. Why is she here again? I felt something warm reach for my hand. It was her hand; I pulled away.

"Oh my god you're freezing! Did you stay here all night, idiot?"

Again with the insults, I'm so tired of her. I guess it was cold, but I was just numb at that point.

"You're literally purple c'mere"

She took her jacket off and put it on me. I really don't know why if I was just fine. She looked really concerned for someone who didn't even know me. I don't understand why she even cares. I saw her, she was on her phone. She actually looked kind of cute when she wasn't being annoying.

"I just called off work today, you're coming home with me right now."

"You don't even know my name nor do I know yours, do you really think that's a good idea, idiot"

"Okay fine.. I'm Aaliyah Anderson" she held her hand out. I hesitated to shake it. I was still unsure of her.

"I'm Ale" I said while carefully shaking her hand; It felt silky and warm. It made me not want to let go but that would be weird.

"Just.. Ale?" she blurted

"Well, Alejandro. Alejandro Tapia, but just call me Ale or Alex" I said annoyed

"Hm, okay Ale. It's very nice to meet you" she smiled. She had a cute smile, her teeth weren't straight, but I think that's what made it cute. It made her.. uh well her. I liked it, but I definitely wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing that.

"It's nice to meet you too.."

"Now let's go!"

"Huh?? I never said I was okay with going with you, I still don't know you"

"Just shut up and take my hand the bus is at the stop light" She said as she grabbed my hand. She had a strong grip; it kinda hurt. I hated feeling weak compared to a... girl. We both stood up, she was super tall or maybe I was the short one. Either way it made me cringe. She was still holding my hand when the bus pulled up. I tried to snatch it back, but her grip only tightened.

"I don't have bus fare" I said hoping she would leave me alone

"Don't be silly I'll pay for you, it's not that expensive"

I was looking around impatiently. Was I really about to go home with her? Maybe this is good, I could stay with her for the night and continue my journey to.. nowhere.. hmm.

The bus finally made its way to the bench. It was like she was dragging me on; it hurt a little bit, but she paid for me and walked us to the back seats. I was still sleepy.

"What time is it anyways?" I asked. It was still dark and I had no concept of time

"It's 5:48am"

"Oh.. okay thanks"

She didn't let go of my hand, I was getting kinda sweaty. I looked out of the window, the sun was just rising. It looked really pretty. I wonder where she lives; a house? An apartment? I guess I'll find out soon enough. It was nice having my hand held. I still didn't look at her, I didn't want her to see that I liked it. She was doing the thing where she caresses my hand with her thumb. I felt soft, we weren't even talking but I feel like this was enough. I don't even like talking.

I put my other hand in my pocket, and felt something. I took it out and it was the pen she gave me.

*click click*

I clicked it a few times before putting it back in my pocket.