Chapter 9)

I looked in the mirror. My face was streaked with tears and I still hadn't made up my mind. I truly didn't know what I wanted with Alejandro, he was nice and all but I just met him? Maybe I should give it some time. I quickly wiped away my tears and made my way to my room. I saw him there, he was motionless. I could've assumed he was asleep if I didn't see that his eyes were open.

"Heeyy Ale" I tried to break the silence. "I know you're not sleeping" he still didn't respond.

I got in bed with him and snuggled in close.

"Hey angel.. please talk to me, I need know what you're thinking"

POV SWITCH

She was breathing on my neck, I felt like I needed to say something. Why did I freak out earlier, I told her I liked her and now she knows and she's going to kick me out.

"I.. I know you were lying to me" I said

"What do you mean angel?" She said

"Don't call me angel, and you know what I mean. I'm not stupid Aaliyah. I saw the way you looked at my while you said those things. It's the same way my ex looked at me when he said he hadn't cheated on me, when I had all of the receipts"

"I-I don't know what to say Ale" she looked sad. Why did I say that. "I just don't know how I feel or what to do, you seem great, but I just met you not too long ago"

I stared at her blankly. I'm so stupid, how did I not realize that. I get attached super easily but I really forgot that I hadn't known her all my life. Jesus Christ I'm DUMB! I reached for her arm and she pulled away. It really hurt so bad, but I think I'm pressuring her too much.

"Hey, I'm sorry... I didn't realize I was putting so much pressure on you"

"Don't worry about it" she said coldly. I wanted to cry because up until right now I've never heard this tone from her.

"I'm sorry I messed up I thought you wanted something more but it was my mistake"

"No Ale I'm sorry for giving you mixed signals" she said a bit more warmly

"Do you want to be alone?? I think I'll just go" I was about to get up when she yanked me back.

"No.. please stay. I don't want to be alone" she said. She had tears in her eyes. I'd never seen her cry or anything close to it until now. I pulled her close to my chest.

"Don't cry, it's okay! I know you're a little bit confused right now. I won't hold it against you"

"Yeah but..."

"No shhh don't say anything, just listen to my heart beat and focus on it okay" I'll be honest I was really nervous. She was very close to me, but somehow I managed to keep calm. Her on the other hand not so much. I didn't know what to do. I wiped her tears and held back from anything too affectionate. She just looked up at me with pleading eyes?? WHAT DID THAT MEAN? WHAT DO YOU WANT? I went with my gut instinct and gave her a forehead kiss and nose kiss. She laughed?? I did it again except more like a peck, and I kept doing it. I think she liked it because her breathing was getting better and her tears were dying down.

"Why didn't you just ask for a kiss stupid" I joked

"WELL I DONT KNOW AND MAYBE I AM STUPID"

I kissed her once more and I immediately got up. I had to shake myself out of this stupid funk.

"I'll be right back okay?"

I quickly rushed to the restroom for a quick rinse with cold water. As soon as I got out I felt so much more refreshed. I was drying my hair as I was walking out and I saw Raymond standing there. What does this idiot want now?

"Hey" I tried being cordial after his act yesterday, but he didn't budge. I simply left and I was facing him away. He finally said something.

"You know Liyah she's a bitch, all she does is..." and he rambled on and on, trying to make her look bad.

"Hey man shut up, she lets you live here and you should respect her" I was tired of his shit.

"She wouldn't care, and I honestly think she secretly loves when I walk all over her"

I wanted to shut him up but I ignored him and left back to her room. I had got her some water but it looks like she had knocked out. I quickly patted her face to give her water. She woke up and immediately gulped it down

"Thank you" she said sleepily. It was so adorable. I got back in bed with her and cuddled her til she fell back asleep. I'll let her decide on her own if she wants me, and if she doesn't? That's fine with me, I'm just glad to have her in my life.