iv.

chapter four.

Karina soon learned that after lunch, she had a free period. Deciding not to just sit in the lunchroom all by herself, Karina made her way to the library.

She smiled at the librarian before making her way to a secluded area of the library. She sat down on the floor and placed her bag right next to her before pulling out a leather-bound journal. She flipped open to a new page and began writing.

Something that not many people knew was that Karina loved to write, she felt that it was very therapeutic, and it helped her though her darkest points in her life. Karina didn't know what she was going to write exactly, so she started listing off the people that she's met today.

In her first period, she had Bella though they sat apart from one another, and Karina was sure that her teacher was annoyed with the fact that he had another new student. In her second period which was AP Literature, she had Rosalie Hale who Karina seemed to bond with a little bit on their views of the world and how people often took their lives for granted.

Third period, she had class with Jessica who Karina found to be endearing with her chit chat nature, no matter who the topic was about. Fourth, she shared that with Emmett and Alice Cullen, the three were now lab partners for their science class and she enjoyed their company a lot.

Fifth, she had Eric and Angela, but she sat next to Angela much to Eric's dismay. Karina only did it because Eric stared at her a lot like Mike did with Bella at lunch. Sixth, she had a free period and she welcomed it which is why she was here. Writing in her journal about how all her classes went.

"You don't have a class?" Karina nearly screamed in fright at the sudden voice. It was tense, almost like they had struggled to speak to her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Karina looked up and her heart jumped into her throat at who was talking to her. It was Jasper Hale, he was an enigma that radiated mystery and Karina had to hold back from drooling. He was unlike any boy that she's ever met, and it made her nervous. Usually, she avoided the opposite sex, but Jasper didn't look like one of those boys that would flirt with her to the point where she was so uncomfortable that she became violent.

"No, you're fine." She reassured him while tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "And to answer your question, no I don't. What about you?"

Karina felt her palms become sweaty when Jasper sat down across from her, leaning against the bookshelf. He looked almost calmer than what seemed possible, and Karina almost asked him what his secret for such a calm exterior was.

"I do but I wanted to be somewhere peaceful for a moment." He told her softly and closed his eyes as if he were going to fall asleep.

"Do you want me to leave you?" She asked him, preparing to get up but Jasper's eyes snapped open, and he shook his head. "Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother."

Jasper chuckled. "We barely met and you're already certain that you can bother me."

Karina blushed, any confidence that she ever had was nonexistent at this moment. "Well, I've been told that I'm a bit much sometimes."

Karina felt the memory come forward, the memory of when she was 12 and Cindy had caught her having a mini dance party in her room. Cindy proceeded to tell Karina that she needed to calm down and be a little quieter because William was doing homework and she was being a bit much.

As if there wasn't a million other rooms in the estate for them to go and study.

Jasper felt the shift in her emotions and instantly spoke up. "I don't think you are."