xiv.

Karina's outfit is above!

chapter fourteen.

After spending the past couple days with the Cullen's and Bella having officially met Edward's family. Karina knew that the day was going to be an interesting day.

Karina also didn't fail to notice how her mom and Charlie Swan were spending more time together, it made her heart swell with happiness that her mother was taking a chance with Charlie.

Bella didn't seem to mind either as both Karina and her were more than ready to be sister's, well if they're parents ever got married.

Karina drove herself to school that morning, much to Jasper's dismay, but Karina didn't know what to think of her relationship with Jasper.

Did she still yearn to be next to him? All the time. But that still didn't answer the question as to, what comes next? Are they just dating now or what?

Karina didn't know how things worked and she prayed that Jasper did because Karina only knew certain things from books and movies, never real life.

"Wow, look at you Rina." Jessica complimented the girl, a teasing smirk on her face as Karina snapped out of her thoughts. "Is it for a certain Hale that everyone saw you leave with Monday?"

Karina's face heated up at the thought of being seeing the couple leave together so immediately as they had. She recalled her mother's own teasing after she told her what she had learned, aside from Jasper's past as that was something she was going to keep to herself.

Nonetheless, her mother teased her relentlessly and it made Karina's cheeks up to the point where was sure the color would last for the rest of the week.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Karina told the girl, trying to hide her blushing cheeks but cursed herself for wearing her hair in a low ponytail.

"I honestly think it's amazing with how fast you two got close, they're usually very closed off and reserved." Jessica told the girl honestly and Karina smiled at that. "I mean, I'm totally jealous but I'm happy for you."

Now that made Karina laugh as she looped her arm with Jessica's and headed towards their friends who were hanging out around Tyler's van.

Karina felt guilty for not spending more time with Jessica, the girl always turned down their invitations to girls night and it made Karina wonder if Jessica felt like she wasn't very much liked.

"Hey Jess?" The girl in question turned her head slightly to look at Karina. "Do you want to hang out, like sleepover at my place this week?" Jessica smiled at the offer and looked slightly hesitant. "Is something wrong with this week?" Karina asked her, stopping her from walking before they reached the group of friends.

"It's just-" Jessica paused, thinking about what to say. "I know that I'm a gossip, people don't necessarily like that about me, but I can't help it. I'm a sharer, an eavesdropper sometimes, and I know what people say about me. It's why when Bella got here, I didn't hang out around Lauren anymore because she just wouldn't stop." Karina cringed at the mention of the Mallory girl, but Jessica didn't notice. "I guess, I'm just afraid to learn that you all feel the same way about me too."

Karina gave Jessica a smile, one that somehow managed to relax Jessica slightly. "I love you Jess, I find your gossip and sharing refreshing but maybe that's because it was always me that people talked about in New York." They both laughed at this, "Still, you have a good heart, and you haven't been rude to me or Bella, though your jealously shows a lot but that's Mike's fault."

Jessica rolled her eyes and proceeded to hug Karina, "Thank you Rina, I love you too."

"And as for Lauren, that girl has had it out for Bella and me since we got into town." Jessica nodded her head, knowing that Karina was right. "I mean, I think one time she tried to trip me but ended up tripping someone else, it was funny honestly."