vii.

Karina's outfit is above!

chapter seven.

By the time Friday came, Karina was mess of nerves.

Alice and Rosalie dodged the topic of whether or not Jasper was okay and that only seemed to worry the girl more. She didn't understand why she was so god damn worried, and it was getting on her last nerves.

Walking into the lunchroom, Karina stomped down on the growing anxiety that wanted to peek through at the sight of no Jasper once again. Grabbing her lunch, Karina made her way over to the table and took the empty seat beside Angela who was playing with her camera.

She rested her head on the girls shoulder. "So, what's the stitch?"

Karina's head moved slightly from Angela's laugh. "Well, I heard that Edward is back in school today."

This statement caused Karina's eyes to snap open and sit up. "Say what now?"

Angela nodded her head and shrugged her shoulders. "He and Jasper are back in school, and people are curious as to where they disappeared too for almost an entire week."

Angela didn't notice how Karina's knee started bouncing or how her eyes were dancing around the cafeteria in search of the boy that was the reason to her panicked state. Karina couldn't explain this feeling in her chest, she needed to see him to know that he was okay.

"Karina!" Mike cheered and Karina's eyes snapped his direction. "Just the girl that I was looking for."

Karina shared a worried look with Angela, the girl having warned Karina earlier that Mike was thinking of asking her to prom. She didn't like Mike that way, much like Eric and Tyler, Mike wasn't her cup of tea. She was sure that maybe in another life, she could've fallen for his baby blue eyes and blonde hair, but it did nothing for her.

"Here I am." She laughed nervously while tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I was wondering if you had a date to-" Before he could finish, his statement Tyler appeared.

"Mike, come on!" He told the boy, urging him to the table with the other jocks. Mike sighed and followed after Tyler's retreating figure, deciding that he would ask Karina later.

"Oh, thank god." Karina breathed as she hugged Angela in relief.

"You looked so disinterested and worried about something, I think Tyler had to save Mike from the heartbreak." Angela joked making Karina nudge her with a laugh.

"He's just not my type." Karina shrugged nonchalantly, feeling slightly better as she laughed with Angela.

Angela wiggled her eyebrows at her. "Let me guess, a certain blonde and amber eyed boy is?"

Karina felt herself blush as she looked at Angela, playfully appalled. "Excuse me? Do not expose me!"

Their laughter died down when Jessica and Bella soon joined them, the two girls lied about why they were laughing as they didn't want Jessica to get upset that Mike hadn't considered the thought of asking her to prom. The three girls ate lunch together, the topic of dress colors kept Karina from worrying herself to death and she welcomed the distraction.

When lunch finally ended, Karina made her way to the library and plopped down in her regular spot. Her eyes were glued to the door, her anxiety rising as she waited for Jasper to show up like he had the last time, but then she remembered that Jasper had class and shouldn't be skipping.

She groaned slightly and tugged at the roots of her hair before she slapped her cheeks gently. "Snap out of it Rina, he's fine."

But she couldn't be sure until she saw him.