Arthur Morgan: Bar Fight

Summary: You and Arthur have been together for a a little while now. After a lead turns out wrong you both decide a drink would be the best remedy. Of course, things could never go right in the saloon after a day like that. 

You sighed as you rode behind Arthur. He was mad and had every right to be, nothing had gone right. It was supposed to be a simple stagecoach but like most of Uncle's leads, he didn't mention the large group of guards trailing a bit behind. Not only that, but we got the coach with only a small amount of cash in it. It would suffice to say, it's been a rough day.

The two of you were heading back to camp and were almost there when you looked up at Arthur, "Hey, do you want to get a drink instead of heading back now?" you suggested. "It'll be better than heading back now and risking a murder in camp." 

"Maybe, I could use a drink" Arthur grumbled. You rode beside him as you passed the trail leading to camp. "It'll be nice" you hummed almost trying to convince yourself. 

----

Rhodes was a small town, nothing but dust really. The saloon was big, nicer than the one in Valentine. The two of you dismounted your horses and you took Arthur's hand in yours as you lead him to the bar. 

Inside the place was alive with music and dancing. As you sat down Arthur ordered two beers passing one to you. At first neither of you talked much, then by the third drink Arthur started to talk more. "I'm glad to get out of camp for a bit" you hummed. Arthur nodded as he took a sip from his bottle, "Better than listening to Bill and Sean argue" Arthur replied. You laughed "I kinda want to see them actually fight." Arthur gave a small laugh, "Sean would probably win" you stated. 

Arthur looked at you and shook his head, "Bill is bigger, more experienced. He'd win." You took a drink from your bottle, "I think that would be his downfall. Sean is small, quick, and pretty erratic. Bill would think he has the advantage, but it'd be false confidence." you smiled. Arthur thought for a moment then shook his head again, "Nah, Bill would beat him. Maybe, if he wasn't too drunk." 

you shrugged and  continued to talk about who would win in a fight against who. Then Arthur excused himself to go to the bathroom. 

You sat at the bar alone and ordered another drink. As the bartender handed you the drink a man sat down beside you. "What's a pretty little thing like yourself doin all alone?" the man asked as he leaned in. "I'm not alone" you stated and avoided looking at the man. "Oh yeah? Well it looks like you're alone to me" he sang in your ear. You rolled your eyes, "Well I'm not" you mocked. 

"Well since you're not alone, maybe I can steal you away. Don't think anyone will notice" the man whispered as he placed his hand on your upper thigh. You pushed his hand away and ignored him. He smiled at your reaction and put his hand back. As he opened his mouth to say something he was pulled out of the chair. 

"The lady said she wasn't alone." Arthur growled. The man looked at Arthur, "She ain't said no friend" he yelled. "Yes she did" Arthur stated once more, "Now get lost." 

The other man huffed and took a swing at Arthur. Arthur caught the man's hand and punched him in the stomach. The man doubled over trying to catch his breath and his friends made their way over. 

You threw the first punch on the man's friends catching one in the jaw. Arthur took another as he went to punch him. One man grabbed you by the arms and as the first man made his way over with a creepy smile on his face, you kicked the one holding you in the knee. As he let you go you grabbed his hair and slammed his face into the floor. Looking back to the first man, Arthur already had him down as well. 

The rest of the bar either cleared out or erupted into their own fights. Arthur took your hand and you both quickly left the saloon. "Y/N" he spoke softly as he checked you for any injuries. "I'm fine Arthur" you said with a soft smile. He pulled you into an embrace and sighed, "I can't leave you anywhere" he whispered. You gave a small laugh, "there's no better place than by your side Mister Morgan." 

He kissed the top of your head and pulled away. As he did you grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down to you. Your lips met is and he placed his hands around your waist. "I think we should head back" he whispered as you pulled away. You smiled as he led you to the horses, you weren't going to be going to bed anytime soon.